| || Collect outstanding debt from a range of hire customers throughout the region and to deal with any associated queries and disputes raised through this process. Work towards targets and deadlines in order to maximise cash collections.
• Contact customers by telephone, letter etc. regarding the collection of debt in accordance with the company policies and procedures.
• Record all action taken on an account utilising the Debt Management system, following up calls and actions as agreed with the customer.
• Work towards targets for cash collection to reduce outstanding debt exposure to the group.
• Reconciliation of accounts to ensure statements produced are accurate and cash/credit notes are posted to invoices as per the customers requirements. Work closely with cash allocations department.
• Deal with financial queries and disputes relating to invoicing. This will involve speaking to HSS depots and working with depot staff in order to resolved queries in a timely manner.
• Build strong relations with customers to ensure excellent customer service.
• Ability to identify potential problem accounts, recommending accounts to be placed on stop or legal.
• Represent the company and values (“HSSness”) of the business and portray a professional and businesslike image to all customers, potential customers and other people you meet in the course of your work.
• Ensure all locations are maintained to our 360◦ brand.
• Be a key driver in serious about safety by leading from the front.
• Experienced Credit Controller with proven track record of collecting outstanding debt and working towards targets.
• IT Literate, able to utilise various systems
• Problem Solving Ability.
• Excellent customer service & telephone manner.
• Good negotiator/communicator
• Knowledge of Open accounts & AS400 based systems.
• Experience dealing with a wide range of customers from blue chip organisations to partnerships and sole traders.
Equality and Diversity
HSS Hire is committed to equality of opportunity.