| || As a Transport Manager you will provide and manage a safe, efficient, reliable and cost effective delivery and collection service for the Company and our Customers. You will manage a team of Drivers and Transport Coordinators to ensure a high standard of customer satisfaction at all times.
• Lead, coach and motivate a team of Drivers and Transport Coordinators to ensure the best level of internal and external customer service is provided.
• Review and manage performance and development needs of Drivers and Transport Coordinators on a regular basis.
• Promote teamwork between colleagues across all HSS locations, to ensure the delivery of an effective transport service.
• Plan, organise and manage the routing of deliveries and collections to meet the requirements of the business and our customers.
• Be pro-active in developing operational improvements, focusing on cost reductions and customer satisfaction, and embrace any changes that are implemented with a positive attitude.
• Promote and ensure compliance with transport policies, procedures and legislation (e.g. Tachograph, Towing, ADR regulations)
• Ensure that Transport/O licence audit processes and procedures are completed in line with legislation.
• Ensure the vehicle fleet is effectively utilised by managing Jobs per Vehicle, PDA usage and gate times to exceed company transport performance targets.
• Ensure the vehicle fleet is well maintained along with holding accurate documentation and records.
• Manage costs efficiently ensuring they stay in line with budgets.
• Ensure compliance with all systems, procedures and processes.
• Represent the company and values ("HSSness") of the business and portray a professional and business-like image to all customers, potential customers and other people you meet in the course of your work.
• Be a key driver in serious about safety by leading from the front.
• Ensure all locations and company vehicles are maintained to our 360 brand.
• Carry out other tasks and duties as required.
• Transport/Logistics experience in a fast paced environment.
• Experience leading a team.
• Strong communication skills.
• Driving licence essential.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Previous experience of managing budgets or cost control.
• Up to date knowledge of health and safety regulations within a transport environment.
• Knowledge of the tool and plant industry.
Equality and Diversity
HSS Hire is committed to equality of opportunity
Key Words : Inverness , Scotland , Transport