| || Working as an integral part of the Procurement Department you will be responsible, for maximising the return on investment of your product categories. This will involve analysing product and range performance, ensuring that appropriate stock is available, developing the product offer on the back of sound customer and market understanding and managing the interdepartmental influences and expectations throughout the business. Strong negotiation and robust supplier management are critical to this role.
• Represent the company and values (“HSSness”) of the business and portray a professional and businesslike image to all customers (internal and external) as well as suppliers, potential customers and others you meet in course of your work.
• Fully promote our 360 degree brand at all times.
• Be a key driver in serious about safety by working as a team to adhere to safety guidelines
• Plan and develop category strategies in line with customer needs and market trends, in order to deliver sustainable revenue and ROI.
• Plan and execute timely category reviews in line with agreed strategies, using commercial judgement whilst harnessing cross functional business knowledge to support successful introduction of new products into the business. At the same time, recommending and executing exit strategies to deal with deleted product lines effectively.
• Negotiate competitive cost prices and trading terms with suppliers in support of company financial targets, by successfully using a range of strategies and tactics, from informal negotiations to planned formal tender processes.
• Embrace measurement, and actively participate in debate around the key success measures of Revenue, ROI and Utilisation.
• Successfully manage and develop relationships with suppliers in support of company objectives.
• Develop strong working relationships with cross-functional peer groups, with particular emphasis on close and effective working relationships with Operations, Supply Chain and Sales colleagues
• Drive category revenue growth through optimum use of available capex investment in stock, by making sound commercial recommendations in line with company capex budgets and cash flow projections.
• Working closely, and effectively with marketing colleagues to ensure that the catalogue accurately represents to our customer the product range, together with its key features and benefits.
• Effectively use both customer and market insight to ensure product offer and pricing proposition is relevant to the needs of HSS’ key customer segments
• Graduate calibre or strong industry experience.
• A proven track record of negotiation and supplier relationship development
• Highly numerate with an innate ability to interpret data quickly and act upon it.
• Highly organised with the ability to work under pressure at pace
• Highly developed influencing skills, with experience of using both written and verbal presentation to influence outcomes.