| || Job Title: Refurbishment Centre Manager
Reports to: Regional General Manager
Function: Refurbishment Operations
Location: Manchester (M17)
HSS Hire has just opened its brand new, world class engineering centre for the refurbishment operations for HSS equipment including generators, scissor lifts, booms and other plant equipment.
An exciting and unique opportunity has come available for the position of Refurbishment Centre Manager to join and lead our busy team at the New Refurbishment Centre based at Mosley Rd, Trafford.
The Refurbishment Centre is one of the fastest and most exciting elements of our business and we now seek a skilled and technically minded individual to lead the refurb team into our future plans and be part of HSS’ engineering developments.
A typical range of equipment within the refurb centre would consist of Scissor lifts, Booms, Cherry pickers, Tele-handlers, Generators and Lighting towers etc.
• Ensure service records are maintained and updated onto the internal computerised system (Spanner) and daily worksheets are populated
• Ensure that all equipment is prepared to the highest standard ready for hire
• Maintain and ensure maximum Refurb Centre productivity in line with company plan
• Adhere to company guidelines on Health & Safety at work at all times
• Ensure the work bays are safe, tidy and organised at all times
• Represent the company and values ("HSSness") of the business and portray a professional and businesslike image to all customers, potential customers and other people you meet in the course of your work.
• Lead, coach and motivate a team of Engineers and logistics staff to ensure the best level of internal and external customer service is provided, whilst regularly reviewing their performance and development needs
• Promote teamwork between colleagues across the HSS Refurbishment facility, to ensure productive delivery of the plan
• Plan, organise and manage the Refurbishment process to meet the required business and customer requirements for products and equipment
• Embrace measurement, and actively participate in debate around the key success measures of Refurbishment Centre performance
• Ensure the safe and legal operation of the Refurbishment facility, and evolve effective contingency plans
• Work with the central Product and Distribution teams to ensure effective flow of product in and out of the Refurbishment Centre in support of the plan
• Liaise with the technical department, and directly with suppliers as appropriate to ensure spares orders are up to date
• Resolve any internal / external technical issues and flag any new initiatives to the Product team
• Complete product quality checks in line with company process
• Control Refurbishment costs, ensuring budgets are not exceeded
• Experience in maintaining mechanical and electrical plant or equipment
• The successful candidate will possess excellent levels of technical competence
• Be a key driver and serious about safety.
• Driving licence desirable
• Experience working in a similar industry
• Product knowledge of the powered access range of equipment
• Product knowledge of power generation equipment
• Product knowledge of construction plant equipment
Hours: 42.5 p/w - 7am - 4pm (Mon-Fri)
Salary: Competitive (negotiable)
Benefits: Pension, healthcare, 20 days holiday + stats and more.
Equality and Diversity
HSS Hire is committed to equality of opportunity
North West, Liverpool, Chester, Cheshire, St Helens, Merseyside, Lancashire, Manchester, Greater Manchester, Bolton, Bury, Oldham, Crewe, Leigh, Stockport, Sale, Warrington, Altrincham