| || Job Purpose:
As a Fitter you will service and repair our full range of hire equipment and products; maintaining the quality, safety, reliability and availability of hire stock in a cost effective manner.
• Routine service and maintenance of all hire equipment and products.
• Carry out refurbishment of equipment and products where necessary.
• Promote teamwork between colleagues across all HSS locations, to ensure delivery of an effective workshop performance.
• Liaise with the Workshop Manager when spare parts are required to ensure cost effective repairs.
• Liaise with Workshop Manager to estimate and advise on equipment repair costs also providing recommendations regarding write off, damage and recharge to customers.
• Advise Workshop Manager of repairs covered under warranty.
• Ensure service records are maintained and updated onto Spanner and daily worksheets are populated.
• Adhere to company guidelines on Health & Safety at Work.
• Complete statutory inspections when required.
• Adhere to damage process, ensure product damage is highlighted.
• Maintain and ensure maximum workshop productivity in line with company targets.
• Represent the company and values (“HSSness”) of the business and portray a professional and businesslike image to all customers, potential customers and other people you meet in the course of your work.
• Be a key driver in serious about safety by leading from the front.
• Ensure workshops and products / equipment are maintained to our 360◦ brand.
• Carry out other tasks and duties as required.
• Experience in maintaining and repairing mechanical and electrical equipment.
• Technical understanding of HSS products and hire equipment.
• Product knowledge including powered access range / access range preferred.
• Manual handling awareness.
• Strong communication skills.
• Driving licence desirable.
Equality and Diversity
HSS Hire is committed to equality of opportunity.