| || Change Manager |
| || EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy, Belgium and Poland. We are the UK’s leading generator and supplier of low carbon energy, producing around one-fifth of the nation’s electricity and employing more than 12,500 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We intend to play a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK and secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees. |
| || EDF Energy is at the heart of the UK’s new nuclear build programme. The nuclear power stations we plan to build will be the first in a new generation. So a career in this area is a truly unique opportunity – an opportunity to be at the forefront of new nuclear, and to enjoy a long and fruitful career helping us deliver the first nuclear power stations in the UK for twenty years. The first station to be built would be Hinkley Point C, Somerset, sited next to Hinkley Point A and B stations. This will be followed by two new reactors at Sizewell C in Suffolk. Together these will form one of the biggest construction projects in Europe and they offer the chance to gain invaluable experience working with the latest reactor technology. Throughout the initial development and construction phase, opportunities will focus on project managers, electrical, mechanical, control & instrumentation engineers and specialists. In the longer term, we also want to hear from nuclear operational experts, security professionals (for both information and nuclear security), quality assurance, quality control and safety case professionals as well as highly skilled procurement experts. |
| || Project Services aims to be a cohesive customer focussed team delivering information management, documents and records management, business architecture, information services and training management services to the HPC project. The Change Manager is a key member of this cohesive team – providing a hands on leadership and management approach.|
The role holder will work across the Project Services team to ensure that a business change focus is effectively built into Project Service’s strategy, portfolio delivery and operational support, thus enabling the delivery of maximum benefits to the HPC Project team and NNB business with minimum disruption. This role will include providing advice and assurance to the Project Services Strategy and Portfolio Delivery teams, working with the Project Services and NNB Communications teams to ensure that the Project Services vision and strategy are effectively communicated to the wider business (including the RD, DIPNN and the Supply Chain, and providing subject matter expertise (SME) management (rather than line management) to business change resources across the Project Services portfolio.
The role holder will also work with the Head of Behaviour and Change (Project Services) as and when required in order to realise the alignment of a set of common behaviours across the HPC Project team, and wider business (including the RD, DIPNN and the Supply Chain to create and deliver a “one NNB” culture.
| || The Change Manager will work alongside other change and communications SME’s and the Innovation Manager within the Project Services Behaviour and Change team, and will report to the Head of Behaviour and Change.|
The role holder will be required to work independently and effectively across all teams within Project Services, as well as developing and maintaining complex stakeholder and change networks across HPC project, NNB business, supply chain and wider EDF organisations. These networks will be disparate in nature, requiring the Change Manager to have the ability to engage proactively with individuals at all levels and across multiple cultures, including executives and senior managers.
Whilst the role holder may not have any direct reports, they will provide business change subject matter expertise advice and assurance to those staff working within Project Services Strategy, Training and Portfolio Delivery.
| || |
Support the Head of Behaviour and Change as required in the development and delivery of the cultural and behavioural strategy for HPC and ensure that Business Change work incorporates and is aligned with the “one NNB” culture.
- Work with the Project Services Business Manager to ensure the overall Project Services strategy is effectively communicated / understood by the wider HPC and NNB teams
- Work with the Project Services Strategy team to ensure the HPC Project wide vision, strategy and delivery plan is effectively communicated and understood by the wider HPC and NNB teams
- Work with the Project Services Business Manager to ensure any standard processes for delivery of project services projects include effective Business Change delivery and assurance
- Provide day to day advice and assurance to both Project Services Strategy and Portfolio Delivery teams in the delivery of effective business change within Project Services Projects (e.g. cost and resource advice, assurance of delivery, cultural change requirements, communications, training etc)
- Work with the Project Services Strategy team to ensure the HPC Project Strategy and its associated delivery plan takes effective business change into account
- Work with the Change and Communications Manager to create, implement, communicate and maintain a "business change toolkit" for Project Services project teams to support effective business change delivery within Project Services Projects from definition through to benefits realisation
- Work with the Innovation Manager to develop and maintain effective change and innovation networks across HPC, NNB, the RD, DIPNN, the HPC Supply Chain and external organisations.
| || |
- Experience of working in a major capital project, construction and / or nuclear generation environment preferable
- Experience of establishing and maintaining successful working relationships with senior management and business stakeholders.
- An effective change champion with the ability to work confidently in a variety of business areas.
- Experience in delivering business change in complex organisations (regulated environment preferable)
- Accustomed to operating successfully at a senior and influential level.
- Able to understand and articulate complex issues clearly and formulate clear, justified responses.
- Experience of working within and leading virtual teams
- Ability to clearly articulate technical concepts to a variety of audiences
- Creative and strategic thinker
| || Full-Time |
| || Permanent |
| || South West |
| || Bristol |
| || c. £46,568 |
| ||Business Analysis |
| || 31-Jul-2017|