| || Outage Planning Engineer |
| || EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy, Belgium and Poland. We are the UK’s leading generator and supplier of low carbon energy, producing around one-fifth of the nation’s electricity and employing more than 12,500 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We intend to play a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK and secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees. |
| || Generating electricity is a huge responsibility, which is why we want experienced engineers to help us deliver this. From nuclear to coal, gas and renewables, our work extends to the full energy mix. The roles we offer within each of those areas are every bit as diverse.
At EDF Energy, we’re on a journey to change the way people use energy for generations to come. Producing low carbon energy is one of the things we do best. And right now, our eight existing nuclear sites generate 9,000 megawatts per year through 15 reactors, avoiding emissions of over 40m tonnes of carbon dioxide. That’s the equivalent of taking about 60% of cars off our roads.
Our thermal generation assets include our Cottam and West Burton stations. With almost 50 years of generation, our coal stations have an important role to play – together with our Combined Cycle Gas Turbine (CCGT) and Gas Storage plants, supporting an affordable and secure supply of electricity as the UK transitions to a low carbon economy. Our plan now is to secure strategic flexibility and maximise the long-term value of thermal energy within the EDF Energy portfolio, which provides exciting operational and technical opportunities for the lifetime of these assets.
| || The Outage Planner is a member of the Outage Management Team and reports to the Outage Management Group Head. We are seeking to recruit one well motivated and enthusiastic personnel who will support the preparation of Statutory Outages, refuelling outages and forced outages as well as identify areas for improvement in the Outage processes and organisation. |
| || The Outage Planner holds a key role within the Strategic Outage department in ensuring that Outage plans effectively support Site Licence Conditions, Statutory Regulations, Equipment Reliability, Operational Focus and work delivery to support breaker to breaker runs.|
| || |
- To act as a nuclear professional at all times and have a nuclear safety focus in all activities and responsibilities undertaken.
- Work closely with other Outage Management staff, Station Stakeholders and Business partners to ensure that Nuclear Safety, Compliance, Site Licence and Regulatory requirements are fulfilled.
- Ensure that outage plans fulfil Statutory and Site Licence Requirements.
- Ensure that risk, including Nuclear and Operational, is identified and effectively mitigated.
- Produce and manage an outage island plan, using primavera software tool.
- Produce / develop level 3 and maintain, fully logic linked and resourced plans for a specific plant area.
- Continuously challenging station Outage Management standards in order to drive improvement in Outage Management performance and optimisation of work scope.
- Provide appropriate support to ensure delivery of Strategic Outage Department and Station Business Plan objectives.
| || |
- Ideally the applicants will have knowledge of nuclear power plant with experience in the areas of maintenance or operations.
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, drive, demonstrates a ‘can-do’ attitude and the ability to facilitate change are essential.
- Primavera experience is essential.
- Supported by excellent communication and interpersonal skills,candidates must be self motivated and able to work on their own initiative or as part of a cross function team.
- As a minimum, entrants will have a relevant HNC (or equivalent).Candidates with a relevant degree may have an advantage.
| || Full-Time |
| || Permanent |
| || North West |
| || Heysham Power Stations, Morecambe, Lancashire |
| || 31,587 - 57,224 |
| || Project Management |
| || 31-Jul-2017|