Five GCSEs (or equivalent) expected.
Essential - must be IT competent in Outlook and Microsoft Office Package, and in particular in report writing, preparing presentations, spreadsheet, and database management.
Must be able, and prepared, to self-drive on Company business.
SC Vetting – essential for role – pre-start requirement.
Some grounding in the work delivered by a security function would be helpful.
Desirable for the post holder to have specific experience of working in the Personnel Security domain and experience delivering training would be useful.
Safety - Safety is EDF Energy’s Number 1 priority; we must therefore always act in a safe, responsible
manner. Whilst Safety is not a behavioural competence, it must underpin everything we do and the
behavioural competency statements within this document should be read with this in mind
1. Business Acumen: Understands where own team fits in Nuclear Generation and the need to be operationally focussed. Works to high quality standards.
2. Challenge and Change: Understands the need to identify new ways of working. Takes on board new ideas and suggestions.
3. Decision Making: Follows job instructions and asks if unsure.
4. Leadership Values: Has a positive encouraging manner with a “can do” attitude. Understands the importance of values and treats everyone with respect.
5. Building Relationships: Understands the importance of establishing and developing good working relationships.
6. Leading through Teamwork: Works co-operatively within the team.
7. Open Communication: Proactive and open communicator, using verbal, face to face and written communications.
8. Developing Self and Others: Actively participates in Nuclear Generation’s Appraisal System.
9. Achievement Orientation: Driven to continuously improvement self and support others in their own improvement.
1. Possesses and demonstrates knowledge of statutory legislation and procedures relevant to the management of personnel security in the Civil Nuclear Industry.