| || Process Automation Manager |
| || EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy, Belgium and Poland. We are the UK’s leading generator and supplier of low carbon energy, producing around one-fifth of the nation’s electricity and employing more than 12,500 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We intend to play a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK and secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees. |
| || At EDF Energy, we’re committed to helping our customers in any way we can. We are responsible for maximising the long term value of our residential and business customers; we create an integrated approach to energy sourcing, pricing strategy, and deliver to the needs of our customers. We sell electricity and gas to over 5.5 million residential and business customers, making us the largest supplier of electricity by volume. We also run customer facing activities including field sales and meter reading services. We’re committed to ‘getting it right first time’, making sure that service is continually improved & our approach to Customers is driven by our sustainability agenda, which means we behave as a socially and environmentally responsible company. We are the largest business unit within EDF Energy with over 8,000 employees spread across 50 locations. Working in a competitive marketplace means we need high performing people who have the skills, experience, systems knowledge and leadership abilities to provide support and guidance in line with our ‘right first time’ policy. |
| || This role sits within Back Office Optimisation - part of Back Office & Data Retrieval.|
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Software is a fast maturing technology which acts as a ‘virtual workforce’, carrying out rules-based tasks via existing applications. It works via the user interface meaning it is non-invasive and is business user friendly. The software is installed within the current architecture with appropriate design and orchestration being the key to maximising benefits. The Residential and SME segments of Customer Operations have over 2,000 defined back office exceptions and it is within this context that EDF Energy will employ RPA to drive a breakthrough in operational performance, relentlessly seeking to drive efficiency into all processes, resulting in EDF Energy being recognised as setting the standard for Back Office operations within the industry.
Recognising the evolution of the operating model and agile nature of the organisation the content and nature of this role may change over time.
Consideration will be given to flexible working arrangements for this role.
| || The successful candidate will be accountable for the creation and operational management of a new team responsible for designing, developing, delivering, monitoring and governing the strategic and tactical deployment of Robotic Process Automation (RPA) capability across the Customer Operations Back Office landscape and support implementations across the wider EDF Energy estate. Deliver measurable benefits through improved exception processing time, reduced error rates, removal of unnecessary manual steps and flexibility of capacity.|
Establish an RPA framework which will support a federated deployment model for RPA across the wider EDF energy estate. Act as the internal point of reference and enable RPA implementations with technical consultancy and implementation support as required. Chair cross-business RPA governance and advisory boards to ensure RPA implementations are appropriately managed, conform to agreed deployment principles and architecture standards.
Accountable for implementing and maintaining the policies and processes, that will enable the assessment of FTE savings, allow quality enhancements to be quantified and support delivery of wider reporting requirements.
Working in cooperation with IT Operations, IT Security Business Change, Legal and all other relevant stakeholders ensure that the appropriate framework and appropriate (Red Binder) documentation is in place to identify and subsequently ensure compliance with all regulatory and legislative requirements.
Manage the interface for RPA operations with TCS and other delivery partners. Ensure operational boundaries are clear, that roles are fully defined and that operational procedures are documented, implemented and followed.
Engage with a community of technical RPA specialists through vendor user groups and other appropriate forums to ensure EDF Energy are appraised of the latest developments and are able to adopt these and other best practice ideas.
Develop and coach the team of analysts and system developers to continually enhance current and gain new skills to evolve output and delivery.
Socialise RPA to Customer Operations (and wider EDF Energy team) stakeholders and play a critical role in communicating potential opportunities and supporting related activity reviews. Manage on-going small and medium sized projects focusing on RPA delivery in specific business areas.
| || |
- Design and implement the strategic and tactical development and delivery roadmap for RPA within Customer Operations and across the wider EDF Energy estate;
- Redesign and reengineer existing business processes in order to deliver optimal Robotic Process Automation;
- Lead process analysis utilising a top-down approach of identifying suitable opportunities for RPA, validated by bottom-up feasibility analysis;
- Create and maintain documentation related to projects, process maps, business requirements, functional & technical specification, system development, testing and go-live sign off;
- Introduce control and performance dashboards to support operational deployment and orchestration of the robot team;
- Oversee and manage on-going performance and orchestration of implemented processes, delivering enhancements and/or fixes where necessary;
- Socialise and promote RPA within Customer Operations and wider EDF Energy team;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of new and emerging technologies, their suitability and constraints for EDF Energy in order to provide constructive advice and input into EDF Energy’s strategies, ensuring alignment to required business outcomes;
- Implement a structured approach to developing the RPA capability and expertise of the internal team, increasing the detailed understanding and knowledge to support the organisation in the short, medium and long term;
- Provide technical assistance to analysts and developers where necessary and appropriate, in order to deliver effective and efficient RPA solutions.
| || ESSENTIAL|
Previous knowledge/skills in the following areas:
- End to end process assessment, evaluation and development
- Evidence of developing subject matter and process expertise
- Design and implementation of IT related solutions
- Working with senior stakeholders to understand business requirements and subsequently develop robust and dependable business cases
- Project Management, specifically LEAN methodology
- People Management (of at least 5 people)
Qualifications & Experience
- Knowledge of Robotic Process Automation, ideally with experience of working with one of the leading providers;
- Expert understanding of the principles of IT architecture, tools and processes;
- Strategic planning to maximise commercial outcomes and deliver initiatives;
- Identifies opportunities to simplify, control costs and create value, implementing initiatives that have a measurable impact on our commercial performance;
- Strong planning and organisational skills, able to translate business strategies into clear objectives, plans and team priorities;
- People leader with strong coaching and development skills, identifying and developing future talent potential;
- An education to degree level or a demonstration of ability to the same level delivered in a working environment
- Proven experience of working in RPA or a comparable IT discipline
- Numerate, analytical with commercial acumen, ideally gained in a commercial or financial background
- Experience of planning, scoping and managing diverse and multiple work streams and projects
- Proven track record in managing key stakeholders well and able to create a positive impression on behalf of EDF Energy
- Proven relationship building skills and networking across the wider business
- Demonstrable ability to recognise and break down organisational silos
- Strong experience of leading virtual teams to effectively deliver project objectives
- Demonstrable ability in implementing control frameworks and a clear understanding of specific regulations associated to complaint handling
| || Full-Time |
| || Permanent |
| || South East |
| || Flexible |
| || Starting from £44,010 |
| || Customer Services |
| || 31-Aug-2017|