| || Strategy & Segmentation Senior Analyst |
| || EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy, Belgium and Poland. We are the UK’s leading generator and supplier of low carbon energy, producing around one-fifth of the nation’s electricity and employing more than 13,500 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We intend to play a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK and secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees. |
| || At EDF Energy, we’re committed to helping our customers in any way we can. We are responsible for maximising the long term value of our residential and business customers; we create an integrated approach to energy sourcing, pricing strategy, and deliver to the needs of our customers. We sell electricity and gas to over 5.5 million residential and business customers, making us the largest supplier of electricity by volume. We also run customer facing activities including field sales and meter reading services. We’re committed to ‘getting it right first time’, making sure that service is continually improved & our approach to Customers is driven by our sustainability agenda, which means we behave as a socially and environmentally responsible company. We are the largest business unit within EDF Energy with over 8,000 employees spread across 50 locations. Working in a competitive marketplace means we need high performing people who have the skills, experience, systems knowledge and leadership abilities to provide support and guidance in line with our ‘right first time’ policy. |
| || The Customers business has an annual turnover of c£6.3bn with an Operating expenditure of c£584m, Capex investment of c£56m, Gross margin of c£698m and EBITDA of c£72m. Customers operate with c6000 employees, recognise partners with a range of Trade Unions and is located across multiple UK locations. Employee mix includes contact centre, sales, product development, marketing and commercial. Outsourcing arrangements in the UK and overseas form part of the operating capability and capacity. Customers serve over 200,000 business customers and are the largest supplier of electricity to business customers in Britain. Customers also supplies energy and energy services to over 5.3m residential customer accounts across the UK.|
Immediate challenges include the need to reduce operational costs, meeting the mandate deployment of Smart Metering, responding to the market changes that will be associated to the Competition and Markets Authority review.
Customers operate within a fast paced, continuously evolving environment giving rise to key challenges including responding to regulatory and market reforms through innovative products, services or processes, creating value in tight margin highly competitive market places, and building trust with customers. Employee mix includes directly sourced contact centre staff and increasingly outsourced capability both on and off shore.
The job holder is fully empowered to make Commercial decisions, in consultation with relevant stakeholders, and to make other decisions in accordance with the Customers FAL matrix. They will be expected to engage with senior stakeholders, escalating where necessary and presenting clear and concise information.
The team work with the other Sales and Marketing teams, Finance and Corporate Strategy to identify areas of significant opportunity, assess them for inclusion into the business plan and make recommendations. Presentation of recommendations will be made to S&M and Customers Execs. The team will look to identify the most significant opportunities to generate business value across B2C and B2B markets. It will work with Business Development to identify areas for external partnership, evaluate new business opportunities for the Sales Directorates. Much of the activity will be in supporting decisions for the Customers Exec and providing direction for internal planning.
| || The team is responsible for defining the approach to market across Customer markets, seeking new opportunities to create value from customer acquisition and retention, entry into adjacent markets or deals with other organisations. The role will justify or challenge existing business approaches as appropriate and play a key part in supporting high level business planning decisions that set direction for the Customers business, across markets and the operational plan.|
Recognising the evolution of the operating model and agile nature of the organisation the content and nature of this role may change over time. EDF Energy is an inclusive employer, and although these roles are advertised on a full time basis as standard, flexible working arrangements will be reviewed and considered in line with our flexible working policy.
| || |
- Identifying potential opportunities to drive business performance beyond in-year tactical choices. Structuring and supporting high level business decisions on market strategies including entry and exit
- Customer segment planning across sales teams – identification of potential additional sources of value through unmet customer needs
- Evaluation of investment opportunities across business lines
- Articulation of coherent business strategy for senior stakeholders beyond in year tactical choices as part of current 5 year Medium Term Plan and beyond
- Supporting high impact decisions for the business (multi million pounds investments working across teams in the organisation)
- Developing high level business case, independently sourcing inputs through market or customer data
- Pro-actively seeking new opportunities by maintaining a strong awareness of internal businesses and external markets
| || |
- Has an up-to-date knowledge of the energy industry / markets, systems, processes & policies, legislation, regulation, standards and trends
- Has significant experience of participating in small to medium sized projects, business improvement and/or change initiatives,
- Significant experience of the development of business strategy
- Has significant internal and external stakeholder management experience
- Has strong commercial awareness & customer focus, and can understand the changing business & financial environment
- Has an understanding of the use of customer data for value analysis to support segmented approaches to customer acquisition and customer management
- Has a numercial/analytical background. MBA desirable
- use a comprehensive range of numerical, modelling and analytical techniques, IT software (MS Suite, database tools), VBA and other modelling & financial packages
- produce & deliver clear & compelling communications (written & verbal), including complex ideas, to both an internal &/or external audience
- use a wide range of techniques to influence and challenge business decisions
- establish and maintain effective business relationships with key stakeholders across the business.
- deal with ambiguity, ensuring clarity of interpretation
- act with complete integrity and confidentiality
- work within a pressured environment, prioritising conflicting activities
- apply a good range of project tools & techniques for organising work
| || Full-Time |
| || Permanent |
| || South East |
| ||Croydon (Interchange) |
| || Starting from £35,379 |
| ||Business Analysis |
Retail / Sales
| || 30-Jun-2017|