1. Project manage New Connection metering projects
2. Liaise with customers to ensure timely delivery of metering installation and energisation.
3. Take responsibility for and co-ordinate individual workstreams in the department.
4. Plan, design and install metering systems including telecommunication, electrical and instrumentation equipment for specialist suppliers.
5. Demonstrate advanced technical proficiency in and undertake LV and HV metering commissioning inspections, as accredited within B2B Metering.
6. Demonstrate advanced technical proficiency in and undertake HV Injection Testing of all EDF Energy HV and EHV metering equipment, as accredited within B2B Metering.
7. Investigate LV, HV and EHV metering faults, including electrical and telecommunication systems. Assess implications and consequences of any faults with regard to electrical safety and revenue loss.
8. Consult on electrical installation issues in line with BS 7671: IEE Wiring Regulations 17th Edition. This will include cable sizing, cable installation methods and Earthing methods (TN-S, TN-C-S and T-T). Interpret consultants’ cable sizing calculations and determine suitability for connection.
9. Liaise with customers to provide Building Management System (BMS) load monitoring terminals for larger supplies (over 100kVA) or where the customer has specific requirements or technical complexities.
10.Understand and ensure compliance with all relevant Codes of Practice, statutory legislation and industry regulations.
11. Identify and assess the specific training needs of operatives under the post-holder’s supervision and provide training where applicable for the relevant accountabilities.
12. Provide specialist technical support to EDF Energy Commercial Branch, and support HSE&Q Department with technical expertise and development of Policy Documents where appropriate.