· Track record of delivering projects within a technically complex and dynamic environment whilst ensuring high levels of safety, security and environmental responsibility, ideally within the Nuclear Energy sector or similar regulated environment.
· Demonstrate success in managing / developing:
o Engineering design, contract and field execution strategies for project delivery,
o Multi-discipline EPCM projects,
o Procurement and management of complex contracts,
o Control of costs; risk; schedule and change and proficient in the use of Earned Value tools,
o Close out of commercial claims and the associated negotiations.
· Experience of successfully engaging groups of stakeholders.
· Able to demonstrate strong management skills including project management, financial management, change management and facilitation. Proficient in the use of estimating scheduling, programming and risk tools.
· Experience of managing contractors, consultants and other advisors throughout large and complex construction projects, in a regulated environment. Including NEC or FIDIC contracts.
· Good presentation, influencing and facilitation skills. Excellent communication and organisational skills, able to develop relationships and maintain effective networks.
· Strong numerical and analytical skills.
· Detailed understanding of PWR design and experience in PWR operations.
· Working knowledge of French language an advantage.
· Degree and chartered status (or equivalent) in an engineering, construction, physics or other related field.
· Good knowledge of CDM Regulations.
Knowledge and / or Practitioner of project management with experience of applying either APM body of knowledge and OGC's Prince 2.
· Member of the Association of Project Management or relevant professional body, or preparedness to become a member
· Can demonstrate experience of managing project through the project lifecycle from concept to handover
· Understanding the needs of quality and how quality is assured and controlled.