| || Project Delivery Manager - Commercial |
| || EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy, Belgium and Poland. We are the UK’s leading generator and supplier of low carbon energy, producing around one-fifth of the nation’s electricity and employing more than 15,000 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We intend to play a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK and secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees. |
| || As one of the UK’s largest energy companies, there’s a huge amount of opportunity available for finance professionals here. Our Finance Division comprises various business units, including, Customers, Generation, Nuclear New Build and Corporate Finance. Each of these has its own challenges and rewards – and each will help you to build a well-rounded skill set. At EDF Energy our finance professionals are seen as part of the wider business team. And wherever you go, you’ll learn how energy markets work, the challenges we face as an industry and the actions we need to take to overcome them. |
| || The role is responsible for the set up and successful delivery of Capital Works projects from inception to completion using external service providers and ensuring all EDF Energy standards and procedures are met. The Project Delivery Manager reports to the Capital Works Manager and provides commercial support to other Project Delivery Managers within the team. |
| || |
- The Project Delivery Manager reports to the Capital Works Manager, however due to the regional spread of sites and projects the Senior Project Delivery Manager is with out direct supervision on a day to day basis and is expected to act and self manage for the majority of the time. Support from the Capital Works Manager is mainly remote via telephone.
- The postholder will assure a portfolio of (multiple) projects and technical matters. A key challenge for the post holder is to ensure that the portfolio of projects and technical matters are assured in the most time effective manner making best use of the service providers where necessary.
- The postholder must ensure that all service providers across all projects understand and comply with EDF Energy policies, procedures and guidelines, especially in the field of, health, safety and environmental compliance. In particular the importance of prompt reporting of incidents and positively encouraging hazard reporting.
- The postholder is required to set up a regime of audit and assurance to validate the services delivered by service providers. This can be either through formal audits or through ad hoc inspections and reviews of work. The challenge is to ensure that audit findings are logged and closed in a timely manager and that any learnings are cascaded across EDF Energy.
- The postholder is required to ensure all projects are set up correctly, including scopes, briefs, budgets, external service provider selection and appointment, and to ensure all projects are correctly managed in accordance with EDF Energy Policies and Standards, and met the specific project cost, time and quality success criteria.
- The postholder is required to be familiar and up to date with all EDF Energy policies and procedures, in particular Health, Safety and EDF Energy Project Way (EEPW).
- The postholder is required to co-ordinate and provide a link to the central functions that cross all projects including commercial / financial, planning / programming, procurement working closely with other Property Services functions.
| || |
- Lead on all projects for the control and management of all Commercial / Financial, Programming / planning, Procurement, and Framework Consultants.
- To take the lead across all projects for Commercial / Financial, Programming / planning, Procurement, and Framework Consultants.
- To prepare and support tender and contractual preparations to finalise and ensure consistency.
- To co-ordinate and manage all internal cost charges from projects and between business units (working with the Property Services central finance function)
- Develop and maintain relationships with the Property Services department working with and supporting all other teams to deliver a coherent, co-ordinated and first class property service to the company.
- To understand and adhere to all EDF Energy Health & Safety polices and standards, also ensuring these are disseminated to external service providers (Consultant’s and Contractors) and followed.
| || |
- Associate member of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
- Ability to prepare tender documentation including preliminaries and understand construction procurement and contracts.
- Effectively co-ordinate and manage internal project and budget transfers
- Have experience of and ability in; planning / programming projects; management of budgets; leadership of teams; report writing.
- Demonstrable experience in a profit and loss environment and able to benchmark costs to develop and support budgets.
- Ability to implement and manage change processes when existing processes and procedures are reviewed.
- Experience of delivering building, mechanical, electrical and / or facilities works projects from inception to completion including feasibility, design, procurement, construction and completion.
- Experience of managing large value contracts and outsourced services.
- Able to establish credibility and demonstrate expertise with Contracted partners, colleagues and the management of the business units.
| || Full-Time |
| || Permanent |
| || South West |
| ||Barnwood, Gloucester |
| || Starting from £44,000 |
| || Project Management |
| || 02-Jun-2017|