| || Head of Business Improvement |
| || EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy, Belgium and Poland. We are the UK’s leading generator and supplier of low carbon energy, producing around one-fifth of the nation’s electricity and employing more than 13,500 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We intend to play a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK and secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees. |
| || EDF operates two companies in the UK that are exclusively focussed on renewable energy, EDF Energy Renewables (EDF ER) and EDF EN Services UK Ltd (EENS), both of which are 50/50 joint ventures between EDF Energy and EDF Energies Nouvelles, the renewable energy arm of EDF Group. The joint venture brings an entrepreneurial culture and an ability to get on with achieving its goals, whilst leveraging the strengths of its shareholders and the wider EDF Group.
We are a lean organisation, dependent on the enthusiasm and energy within the team; the dedication, hard work and willingness to pull together is the basis of our success. We are open with each other, and rely on teamwork, so we expect to challenge each other’s ideas to make sure we get the best result. Whether working in the operational environment on site or based in one of our offices, we value the contribution each person makes. Given the work ahead of us, and the support of our shareholders in EDF Group, this is a great team to join whether starting your career or developing into more senior roles.
EDF ER is one of the leading companies in the UK renewables sector with around 30 operational wind farms across the country. The business is responsible for developing, constructing and operating its renewable energy assets in the UK with a focus on onshore and offshore wind, as well as newer emerging renewable technologies. We currently operate over 600 MW of wind farms with another 300 MW due to be delivered by end of 2018. There are another 1000 MW of onshore and offshore projects in development.
EDF ER has developed a large onshore development portfolio and also seeks opportunities to acquire consented projects capable of delivering growth and value to its shareholders. This includes the 2015 purchase of the 50 + turbine, 177 MW Dorenell wind farm near Dufftown in Moray; one of the largest planned onshore projects in Scotland.
EENS is responsible for the operations and maintenance of wind farms and is at the forefront of expertise in a range of wind turbine technologies currently in use today. It provides operations and maintenance services to EDF owned windfarms as well as to those owned by external investors.
| || To act as a pragmatic and knowledgeable expert in the delivery of change and IT projects and act as a co-ordinator of such projects across the EDF ER business. To work with the EDF ER Executive and Leadership teams, to identify and prioritise improvement opportunities that support the company strategy. To enable the business to mobilise and set-up prioritised projects using a consistent and fit for purpose approach. |
EDF ER is a growing business with considerable momentum coming from our people, leadership and shareholders. The objective of this role is to strengthen the business through specific change initiatives, continuous improvement activity and standardisation, whilst maintaining the dynamic and energetic culture that exists across our teams.
| || |
- We currently operate across the UK, with offices in London, Durham and Edinburgh.
- The workforce supporting EDF Group’s Renewables activities in the UK (not just employees of EDF ER) numbers up to 150.
- We currently operate over 600 MW of wind farms with another 300 MW due to be delivered by end of 2018. There are another 1000 MW of onshore and offshore projects in development.
- We have around 30 operational wind farms, with significant projects at different stages of the pipeline (development, acquisition, planning, consultation, construction, commissioning, operation)
- We are constantly engaged in m&a activity to source the best business opportunities that meet with our strategy
- To different degrees, our people and systems are integrated with our shareholder organisations, EDF Energy (UK) and EDF EN (France).
| || |
- Provide oversight to the EDF ER Executive of change activity across the organisation. Act as business improvement expertise leader to support different functions (and multidisciplinary teams) define, implement and coordinate change in line with EDF ER strategy. Prioritise change and improvement initiatives in context of business strategy and business need. Develop and deliver a roadmap of change
- Utilise relationships with business leaders, shareholders, external service providers, etc., to mobilise and enable priority initiatives
- Provide and implement common tools and approaches and frameworks for improvement initiatives to utilise. As an expertise leader, provide advice and direction to support the EDF ER Executive in oversight of change initiatives.
- Act as the primary lead on ‘Quality’ initiatives and to champion the ‘Quality’ agenda
- Act as an intelligent customer for IT services and support shareholder IT teams in identifying and delivering IT initiatives
- Work with project leaders and sponsors to ensure that projects remain on track, highlighting issues and barrier to successful delivery to EDF ER Executive. Seek support from EDF ER Executive in addressing barriers where required.
| || |
- Knowledge and practical experience of business project set-up and delivery processes including project governance, project management and resourcing. Experience of developing investment cases would also be helpful.
- Track record of leading business improvement initiatives with a focus on ‘Quality’. Curiosity to challenge established processes and continuously improve the business.
- Track record of delivery of projects using entrepreneurial and pragmatic approaches. Experience of a small/mid-size organisation dealing with rapid growth would be advantageous.
- Strong business acumen and ability to think strategically and logically. Experience of renewables industry or similar development, construction and operational equivalent
- Experience of influencing and negotiating with senior stakeholders to achieve results and manage relationships
- Demonstrable experience delivering change projects that directly support the strategic direction of the organisation.
- Ability to communicate and engage effectively at multiple levels.
- Excellent and demonstrable written skills
| || Full-Time |
| || Permanent |
| || Flexible |
| ||Edinburgh |
| || Competitive |
| || Finance |
| || 27-Apr-2017|