| || Smart Metering Dual Fuel Installer – Auditing role |
| || EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy, Belgium and Poland. We are the UK’s leading generator and supplier of low carbon energy, producing around one-fifth of the nation’s electricity and employing more than 13,500 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We intend to play a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK and secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees. |
| || At EDF Energy, we’re committed to helping our customers in any way we can. We are responsible for maximising the long term value of our residential and business customers; we create an integrated approach to energy sourcing, pricing strategy, and deliver to the needs of our customers. We sell electricity and gas to over 5.5 million residential and business customers, making us the largest supplier of electricity by volume. We also run customer facing activities including field sales and meter reading services. We’re committed to ‘getting it right first time’, making sure that service is continually improved & our approach to Customers is driven by our sustainability agenda, which means we behave as a socially and environmentally responsible company. We are the largest business unit within EDF Energy with over 8,000 employees spread across 50 locations. Working in a competitive marketplace means we need high performing people who have the skills, experience, systems knowledge and leadership abilities to provide support and guidance in line with our ‘right first time’ policy. |
| || Providing a quality assurance service to the Out of Area Smart Metering function.|
| || Customers are responsible for all of the field based activities for Business to Consumer and Business to Business customers in Energy Sourcing and Customer Supply including existing metering, technical and emergency service work, Smart Meter deployment and Low Carbon Electricity Solutions. Thus Energy Field Services is a diverse and complex business unit. In addition Energy Field Services owns on behalf of Energy Sourcing and Customer Supply the whole of EDF’s business case for Low Carbon Energy Solutions and the delivery of the business results from Low Carbon Electricity Solutions.|
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Field District Manager, the post holder will champion Smart Metering
| || The person appointed will be customer focused and commercially aware.|
- To adhere to appropriate Health and Safety guidelines and support the goal of incident free performance within Smart Metering.
- To support team members within the Smart Metering Technical & Quality Assurance team both to maximise their performance and contributions to meet future needs of the business ensuring skill and knowledge sharing takes place.
- In a timely manner, carry out the Smart Metering Annual monitoring and Inspection Plan and sample smart metering installation checks of peripatetic Meter Operations operatives and contractors’ work, possibly including CT level work with training.
- To provide mentoring to new metering operatives as part of their assessment and working to support the In Area team where appropriate.
- To undertake Complaint handling calls, Energy Efficiency advice and Support the Smart Metering Contract team in relation to site works completed by the Field Force Service Provider.
- To carry out any additional quality checks of dual fuel metering work arising from metering installations, making safe and remedial work as required
- Support Smart Metering continuous improvement in Quality Assurance.
- To carry out over the shoulder checks on peripatetic field operatives to ensure that they are carrying out metering installations to the correct training methods preferred by EDF Energy with the correct tools and equipment, and help in identifying corrective actions.
- If required, to help investigate reported hazards and advise on their resolution.
- To carry out any additional checking or investigation functions as specified by the Technical and Quality Assurance Management team.
- To be able to rectify dual fuel metering issues at the time of an inspection site visits to prevent unnecessary return visits.
- To retain existing single and three phase electrical metering competency and new connections, where qualified, be able to verify competency of others.
- To retain gas ACS accreditation (CCN1) and relevant modules (Met1) and be able to verify competency of others
- To contribute to the Risk Management process providing first hand experience from the field.
- To comply with EDF Energy’s Policies towards safe working, Zero Harm, A&IMS, reducing our CO2 emissions and the environment
- The above activities define what needs to be accomplished by the post holder and support the achievement of EFS Annual Health and Safety Objectives and Targets plan whilst contributing to the continual improvement and verification of good electrical and Gas works completion
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships both inside and outside of Smart Metering, demonstrating positive personal behaviours and leading by example to ensure effective, coordinated delivery of targets
| || |
- Preferred qualifications are City and Guilds 236 part 1 and 2, but other qualifications of a similar nature may be considered.
- Three phase metering competent
- ACS Gas accreditation CCN1 and MET1
- Incident Investigation and statement writing
- Dual fuel Smart metering experience
Technical and Commercial Knowledge and Skills
- Hold a driving license
- IT literate – Word and Excel
- Able to coach and mentor new metering operatives.
- Consistently achieves successful delivery against stretching personal and team targets.
- Self motivated.
- Able to communicate with different types of people.
- Desire to succeed.
- Able to make on-site decisions.
- Demonstrate resilience whilst working under pressure.
- Analytical thinking (desirable).
- The ability to operate at a senior level.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to identify efficiency improvements for self and wider team.
- Strong business planning and organisational skills
- The ability to develop detailed robust plans to implement strategic imperatives.
- A sound understanding of the energy sector and of the regulatory requirements associated.
- Able to work effectively across business units with effective influencing and excellent negotiating skills.
- Able to challenge established approaches and embed change.
- Ability to think strategically and maximise future business opportunities.
- This is a field based role so flexibility with travel as required.
| || Full-Time |
| || Fixed Term |
| || Eastern England |
| || Bexleyheath |
| || £27,871 per annum |
| || Smart Metering |
| || 26-May-2017|