| || Senior Manager of Business Accounts |
| || EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy, Belgium and Poland. We are the UK’s leading generator and supplier of low carbon energy, producing around one-fifth of the nation’s electricity and employing more than 15,000 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We intend to play a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK and secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees. |
| || At EDF Energy, we’re committed to helping our customers in any way we can. We are responsible for maximising the long term value of our residential and business customers; we create an integrated approach to energy sourcing, pricing strategy, and deliver to the needs of our customers. We sell electricity and gas to over 5.5 million residential and business customers, making us the largest supplier of electricity by volume. We also run customer facing activities including field sales and meter reading services. We’re committed to ‘getting it right first time’, making sure that service is continually improved & our approach to Customers is driven by our sustainability agenda, which means we behave as a socially and environmentally responsible company. We are the largest business unit within EDF Energy with over 8,000 employees spread across 50 locations. Working in a competitive marketplace means we need high performing people who have the skills, experience, systems knowledge and leadership abilities to provide support and guidance in line with our ‘right first time’ policy. |
| || |
Accountable for account billing and revenue collection activities for all Business Account Customers, predominately defined as Mid Market Business Customers, contracting on a range of fixed price products. Building and maintaining customer relationships and ensuring a seamless end to end experience for the customer to allow accurate and timely billing and a focus on delivering efficient revenue collection.
Recognising the evolution of the operating model and agile nature of the organisation the content and nature of this role may change over time.EDF Energy is an inclusive employed, and although these roles are advertised on a full time basis as standard, flexible working arrangements will be reviewed and considered in line with our flexible working policy.
| || Operating Environment:|
The Customers business has an annual turnover of c£6.3bn with an Operating expenditure of c£584m, Capex investment of c£56m, Gross margin of c£698m and EBITDA of c£72m. Customers operate with c6000 employees, recognise and partners with a range of Trade Unions and is located across over multiple UK locations. Outsourcing arrangements in the UK and overseas form part of the operating capability and capacity. Customers serve over 200,000 business customers and are the largest supplier of electricity to business customers in Britain. Customers also supplies energy and energy services to over 5.3m residential customer accounts across the UK.
As member of the Customer Operations Senior Management team, the role holder will work collaboratively to make key business decisions and foster excellent working relationships across Customers, EDF Energy and with external stakeholders.
The role holder will provide inspirational and innovative leadership fostering an environment of continuous improvement and change, ensuring Managers have the right skills and behaviours to embed a culture of operational excellence. They will provide flexibility and resource as required, ensuring consistent delivery of an excellent customer service provision. In addition, they will develop and operating environment to ensure Health, Safety, Wellbeing, and a culture of inclusion is embedded across Customer Operations.
Framework and Boundaries:
The job holder is fully empowered to make operational decisions, in consultation with relevant stakeholders, and to make other decisions in accordance with the Customers FAL matrix. They will be expected to engage with senior stakeholders, escalating where necessary and presenting clear and concise information.
Customers operate within a fast paced, continuously evolving environment giving rise to key challenges including responding to regulatory and market reforms through innovative products, services or processes, creating value in tight margin highly competitive market places, and building trust with customers. Employee mix includes directly sourced contact centre staff and increasingly outsourced capability both on and off shore.
| || |
- Lead the Business Account team to deliver a consistent, compliant and sustainable performance against key performance indicators (KPI’s), MTP and strategic objectives ensuring they contribute to EDF Energy’s bottom line.
- Set the strategy for the billing and collection of business customers, develop and deliver to billing targets and debt ratios whilst maintaining revenue streams and effective relationships with customers.
- Responsible for maintaining customer relationships and ensuring a seamless end to end experience for the customer to allow accurate and timely billing and a focus on delivering efficient revenue collection.
- Accountable for the effective relationship with senior third party stakeholders including third party intermediaries and debt collection agencies to deliver an effective billing and collection process
- Manage and control expenditure, bad debt charge and working capital within budgetary targets for business accounts.
- Work in partnership with Customer Contact to identify clear ownership of Service Level Agreements, to ensure customer expectations are delivered, and business is retained.
- Accountable for understanding and developing the business functional requirements of the Oracle system, raising requests into Oracle Systems & Transition team, undertaking User Acceptance Testing and acceptance approval.
- Validate the internal Service Agreement set up in Oracle (prices, billing rates, billing calendar and COT), compliant with credit scoring and vetting.
- Deliver quality standards, best practice and service advancement through senior representation to external stakeholder industry bodies, external delivery partners, Elexon, the Institute of Customer Service and Chartered Institute of Credit Management and proactively engaging senior customer contacts when leading strategic service reviews and approving Assured Service products.
- Recognising the evolution of the operating model and agile nature of the organisation the content and nature of this role may change over time.
• Direct OPEX: £3m. Billing and revenue collection c.2bn p.a.
• FTE: 76 Internal fte approx.
| || |
Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrable ability to provide inspirational direction and leadership and motivate teams to deliver against KPI’s and objectives
- Numerate, analytical with commercial acumen, ideally gained in a commercial or financial background.
- Strong knowledge of Business energy supply market environment to develop strategic Billing and Collection plans and optimising profitability for business customers.
- Able to establish and maintain effective business relationships with key stakeholders at all levels with strong influencing skills
Qualifications & Experience
- An education to degree level or a demonstration of ability to the same level delivered in a working environment.
- Extensive experience and proven delivery in managing financial and commercial services in a highly regulated environment
- Experience of developing and executing Billing and Collection plans and optimising profitability for business customers.
- People leader with strong coaching and development and communication skills, fosters teamwork, to enable teams to achieve goals and deliver against objectives.
- Strong planning and organisational skills, able to translate business strategies into clear objectives, plans and team priorities.
| || Full-Time |
| || Permanent |
| || South West |
| ||Barnwood, Gloucester |
| || From £52002 |
| || Customer Services |
| || 31-Mar-2017|