| || Internal Communications Consultant |
| || EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy, Belgium and Poland. We are the UK’s leading generator and supplier of low carbon energy, producing around one-fifth of the nation’s electricity and employing more than 13,500 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We intend to play a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK and secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees. |
| || At EDF Energy, we’re committed to helping our customers in any way we can. We are responsible for maximising the long term value of our residential and business customers; we create an integrated approach to energy sourcing, pricing strategy, and deliver to the needs of our customers. We sell electricity and gas to over 5.5 million residential and business customers, making us the largest supplier of electricity by volume. We also run customer facing activities including field sales and meter reading services. We’re committed to ‘getting it right first time’, making sure that service is continually improved & our approach to Customers is driven by our sustainability agenda, which means we behave as a socially and environmentally responsible company. We are the largest business unit within EDF Energy with over 8,000 employees spread across 50 locations. Working in a competitive marketplace means we need high performing people who have the skills, experience, systems knowledge and leadership abilities to provide support and guidance in line with our ‘right first time’ policy. |
| || The Internal Communications Consultant will play a leading role in supporting the Customers Internal Communications Management Team to develop, implement and measure the effectiveness of internal communications within Customers. They will be responsible for building and owning relationships with key internal stakeholders, including members of the divisional Executive Teams and Leadership Teams, as well as supporting, managing and delivering internal communication activities in line with the wider Customers strategy. |
| || |
- The company operates in an industry which faces major challenges to rebuild trust with customers and stakeholders. EDF Energy is seeking to address this through differentiation and clarity of communication on its unique approach. Developing and building on our current internal communications and engagement strategy is central to that task.
- The role holder will play a leading role in supporting the Customers Internal Communications Management Team to develop, implement and measure the effectiveness of internal communications within Customers, in order to achieve universal understanding, trust and confidence in EDF Energy’s vision and business strategy.
- The role holder will be responsible for building and owning relationships with key internal stakeholders, including members of the divisional Executive Teams and Leadership Teams within Customers, acting as a key adviser and a business unit point of reference on all internal communication matters.
- The role holder will play a leading role in making sure the right messages are delivered to the right people at the right time via the right channels, with the aim of achieving maximum employee engagement.
| || |
- Play a leading role in supporting the Customers Internal Communications Management Team in developing, implementing and measuring the effectiveness of internal communications within Customers, providing the internal and external knowledge necessary to achieve maximum employee engagement and meet the changing needs of the business.
- Develop, manage and deliver proactive, targeted and measurable internal communication initiatives and campaigns within Customers designed to drive employee engagement and help generate superior business results.
- Support key stakeholders within Customers in the delivery of their business objectives by providing:
- Strategic advice on the most appropriate and best practice methods for delivery of key messages
- Excellent writing/editing support to shape messages and align with business goals and strategy
- Information about initiatives in other parts of the business that may have an impact on their requirements
- Evaluation and measurement of communications activities.
- Advise, coach, mentor and manage team members as appropriate to deliver internal communications within Customers, acting as a ‘stand in’ for the Internal Communication Managers when required.
- Assist in defining and implementing the appropriate systems, processes and channels to streamline internal communications within Customers and the individual divisions, in order to improve the efficiency and effectiveness and enable a greater focus on strategic areas.
- Ensure continuous improvement in the delivery of communications, by implementing external best practice and finding ways to drive innovation.
- Develop evaluation, measurement and employee feedback loops to ensure communication activities are effective, improve business performance and enable organisational change.
- Ensure all communications are aligned to the EDF Energy brand and reflect the company’s vision, mission, ambition and values.
| || Formal Qualifications|
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- A recognised internal communication qualification or working towards one.
- Developing and maintaining relationships that inspire trust and respect.
- Building a network and being able to influence others to make things happen.
- Having a clear understanding of the business issues and using communications to help solve organisational problems and achieve organisational objectives.
- Recommending appropriate solutions to customers, helping others to make informed decisions and building people’s communication competence.
- Understanding the different contributions from other disciplines and working with colleagues from across the organisation to achieve better results.
- Having superior practical communication abilities (for example, writing and design management) to hold the confidence of peers, colleagues and senior management.
- Looking for new ways of working, exploring best practice and delivering original and innovative approaches to communication challenges.
- Conducting research and managing mechanisms for gathering feedback and employee reaction.
- Developing robust project plans and turning these into successfully implemented actions, which are delivered on time, to budget and achieve maximum employee engagement.
- Defining and applying a consistent approach to communication and maintaining professional and ethical standards.
- Practical, tenacious, resilient, energetic and enthusiastic.
- Flexible and comfortable with a matrix way of working, able to deal with conflicting agendas and fluctuating priorities.
- Minimum of three years’ experience within Internal Communications.
- Understanding of broader HR best practice, particularly the impact of internal communications and culture on high performance
- Ability to deliver all aspects of internal communications campaigns, initiatives and events – from planning, development and organisation/logistics through to delivery and measurement.
- Communication planning and implementation and experience of planning and delivering communications in industrial organisations e.g. communicating across shifts, across multiple and complex layers.
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders.
- Experience of people and budget management.
- Experience of working with third parties.
- Experience of appropriate research and analysis techniques and methodologies.
| || Full-Time |
| || Fixed Term |
| || South East |
| ||Croydon (Interchange) |
| || from £35,513 |
| || Communications |
| || 06-Apr-2017|