| || Volume Forecasting Analyst |
| || EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy, Belgium and Poland. We are the UK’s leading generator and supplier of low carbon energy, producing around one-fifth of the nation’s electricity and employing more than 13,500 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We intend to play a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK and secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees. |
| || At EDF Energy, we’re committed to helping our customers in any way we can. We are responsible for maximising the long term value of our residential and business customers; we create an integrated approach to energy sourcing, pricing strategy, and deliver to the needs of our customers. We sell electricity and gas to over 5.5 million residential and business customers, making us the largest supplier of electricity by volume. We also run customer facing activities including field sales and meter reading services. We’re committed to ‘getting it right first time’, making sure that service is continually improved & our approach to Customers is driven by our sustainability agenda, which means we behave as a socially and environmentally responsible company. We are the largest business unit within EDF Energy with over 8,000 employees spread across 50 locations. Working in a competitive marketplace means we need high performing people who have the skills, experience, systems knowledge and leadership abilities to provide support and guidance in line with our ‘right first time’ policy. |
| || |
The Volume Forecasting team is responsible for minimising EDF Energy's imbalance costs and supporting longer term hedging by delivering accurate forecasts for demand and renewable generation.
The team is responsible for forecasting 50TWh of demand, 7TWh of renewable generation and 900m therms of gas. This is valued at nearly £3bn per year, and the team’s operationally critical activity directly impacts EDF Energy’s ability to manage this volume on the wholesale markets, as well as managing directly ~£20m per year of imbalance costs.
A Volume Forecasting Analyst will be expected to:
- Provide timely and accurate forecasts for EDF Energy’s electricity and gas customers, and for renewable generation.
- Evolve forecasting models, review and develop operational systems to improve efficiency and forecast accuracy.
- Transform Volume Forecasting’s use of data and systems in line with the Wholesale Markets Optimisation IT roadmap, and support EDF Energy’s innovation ambitions.
- Support Sales & Marketing’s bidding and contract management activities, for instance by calculating bespoke forecasts, carrying out risk assessments, supporting product development, and other activities required to meet stakeholder requirements
- Provide appropriate information and formal reporting to the Wholesale Markets Optimisation team and the wider EDF Energy business
| || |
| || |
- Promote & ensure full compliance with all health, safety & sustainability processes & policies.
- Collect data in order to interpret, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Produce, analyse and evaluate information using business & financial software packages and statistical software tools.
- Develop & test analyses and models to quantify business performance, forecast future outcomes and recommend improvements.
- Track, maintain and provide current information on operational, accounting, audit and financial policies, processes & controls, ensuring compliance with legal, regulatory and internal requirements.
- Produce, present and communicate general and complex statistical information (Written and/or verbal).
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with key business stakeholders.
| || |
- You will have a good commercial awareness & customer focus.
Uses a range of numerical, modelling and analytical techniques, IT software (MS Suite, database tools), VBA and other modelling & financial packages. SQL/SAS/R experience are an advantage although training will be available.
Able to tailor their communication style and/or approach (written & verbal), presenting & explaining complex ideas, displaying sound judgement and objectivity
Uses a range of techniques to influence and challenge business decisions.
Able to maintain effective business relationships with key stakeholders.
Able to act with complete integrity and confidentiality.
Able to prioritise conflicting activities and work under pressure
| || Full-Time |
| || Permanent |
| || London |
| || Croydon (Interchange) |
| || Competitive |
| || Energy Analysis |
| || 26-Mar-2017|