| || Risk Infrastructure Senior Analyst |
| || EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy, Belgium and Poland. We are the UK’s leading generator and supplier of low carbon energy, producing around one-fifth of the nation’s electricity and employing more than 15,000 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We intend to play a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK and secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees. |
| || At EDF Energy, we’re committed to helping our customers in any way we can. We are responsible for maximising the long term value of our residential and business customers; we create an integrated approach to energy sourcing, pricing strategy, and deliver to the needs of our customers. We sell electricity and gas to over 5.5 million residential and business customers, making us the largest supplier of electricity by volume. We also run customer facing activities including field sales and meter reading services. We’re committed to ‘getting it right first time’, making sure that service is continually improved & our approach to Customers is driven by our sustainability agenda, which means we behave as a socially and environmentally responsible company. We are the largest business unit within EDF Energy with over 8,000 employees spread across 50 locations. Working in a competitive marketplace means we need high performing people who have the skills, experience, systems knowledge and leadership abilities to provide support and guidance in line with our ‘right first time’ policy. |
| || We are seeking a Risk Infrastructure Senior Analyst to work within our Energy Market & Credit Risk department. In this role you will gain exposure into the wider EDF Energy group, working across high profile projects whilst becoming the key business liaison for risk systems, projects and processes.|
| || You will be responsible for the design, testing, and maintenance of risk systems and processes to ensure operations remain efficient, reliable and robust. You will liaise with numerous stakeholders across the business, particularly IT professionals, in order to manage change requests and deliver new applications.|
This position is highly suited to an individual with a comprehensive business analyst or project engineering/management background, with the postholder being required to take ownership of risk system issues, able to troubleshoot business concerns but also challenge the business, where appropriate.
| || |
- Manage BAU TRM Queries
- Liaise with key stakeholders on business change and manage new system configuration
- Provide insight into business incidents whilst challenging the business to enable quality actions to be delivered
- Manage the TRM Working Group, packs and action monitoring
- Feed into business critical projects, ensuring all risk are captured and mitigated where possible
- Manage the relationship with the IT community, ensuring all business critical issues are addressed and action plans agreed
| || |
- An education to degree standard is required, or a demonstration of ability to the same level delivered in a working environment.
- Highly analytical; comfortable discussing technical subject matters with internal/external stakeholders.
- Be a role model for continuous improvement to ensure business processes and systems remain efficient and reliable at all times.
- Highly organised, with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong stakeholder management, including influencing, negotiation and consulting.
- Able to challenge accepted ways and consider options to improve business proposals.
- Advanced spreadsheet and, preferably, database skills
- A strong commitment to developing an in depth knowledge of energy markets and associated trading risk management systems, processes, policies and methodologies.
- The desire and ability to coach and manage in order to pass on expertise and effectively manage performance of team members.
- High Numerical Skills are not essential to this role; however a good standard of numeracy is required to facilitate analysis of large amounts of data to aid in understanding of problems and propose solutions
| || Full-Time |
| || Secondment |
| || South East |
| || Croydon (Interchange) |
| || Competitive |
| ||Business Analysis |
| || 07-May-2017|