| || Engagement & Incentives Manager |
| || EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy, Belgium and Poland. We are the UK’s leading generator and supplier of low carbon energy, producing around one-fifth of the nation’s electricity and employing more than 13,500 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We intend to play a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK and secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees. |
| || At EDF Energy, we’re committed to helping our customers in any way we can. We are responsible for maximising the long term value of our residential and business customers; we create an integrated approach to energy sourcing, pricing strategy, and deliver to the needs of our customers. We sell electricity and gas to over 5.5 million residential and business customers, making us the largest supplier of electricity by volume. We also run customer facing activities including field sales and meter reading services. We’re committed to ‘getting it right first time’, making sure that service is continually improved & our approach to Customers is driven by our sustainability agenda, which means we behave as a socially and environmentally responsible company. We are the largest business unit within EDF Energy with over 8,000 employees spread across 50 locations. Working in a competitive marketplace means we need high performing people who have the skills, experience, systems knowledge and leadership abilities to provide support and guidance in line with our ‘right first time’ policy. |
| || The Incentives and Engagement Manager, will play a key role within the Customer Operations performance team, supporting performance, through both understanding and driving engagement levels in the business and the effective deployment of incentives to our people. They will ensure that engagement and motivation levels within Customer Operations are well understood through regular surveys and lead a robust incentives process by ensuring that data is thoroughly checked, verified, all payments appropriately approved and authorised.|
As part of the Performance team within Business Services they will play a key role in the creation and deployment of an effective Performance framework within Customer Operations.; They will lead a high performing team, providing guidance to improve both performance and employee motivation and productivity levels.
| || The job holder is required to make decisions, in consultation with relevant stakeholders and in accordance with the Customers FAL matrix.|
Customers operate within a fast paced, continuously evolving environment giving rise to key challenges including responding to regulatory and market reforms through innovative products, services or processes, creating value in tight margin highly competitive market places, and building trust with customers. Employee mix includes directly sourced contact centre staff and increasingly outsourced capability both on and off shore.
| || Engagement|
- Work closely with both HR and Internal Communications to ensure the development and delivery of an effective Engagement strategy in Customer Operations
- Manage overall Engagement Plans for Customer Operations, working with Senior Leadership to understand current plans and activities, establishing clear focus areas and targets and driving local initiatives to support increased engagement in their areas
- Provide oversight and facilitation at the divisional Engagement Forums, steering these to drive insight and understanding of engagement levels and share key action plans and initiatives
- Produce monthly Engagement scorecard, highlighting insight around key performance indicators with potential links to engagement (e.g absence)
- Support in the analysis and interpretation of the bi-annual Engagement Surveys, working with leadership to convert these into clear action plans and drive improvement
- Work with Performance Analysts to support improved understanding of the impacts of engagement and on business performance
- Manage central Incentives budget for Customer Operations, establishing clear criteria for how it is used (ROI, Performance outcomes) and working with the business to develop schemes which meet their requirements
- Build and maintain the overall incentives pipeline for Customer Operations
- Deliver regular reporting to support in our understanding of the impacts of Incentive schemes on engagement and performance
- Ensure that incentives and commission payments are effectively deployed to employees in a controlled manner
- Ensure all Agencies and Brokers are set up in SAP and that purchase orders are approved in accordance with the FAL Policy.
- Ensure that all payments are made in an accurate and timely manner and that the Employee Services (Payroll) timetable is adhered to.
- Ensure processes are in place to support the accurate provision of incentive and commissions in the business, be accountable for the delivery and accuracy of incentive and commission payments building in the necessary control points
- Provide tools and support to operational management as required to drive the engagement levels of their teams
- Build an effective internal and external network – understand best practice in incentives and engagement and bring key learnings into the business
- Lead and develop a high performing team with a strong role to play in driving the performance of Customer Operations.
| || ESSENTIAL|
- Numerate and analytical, with a proven track record of interpreting information to generate valuable insights
- Effective communication and presentation skills with experience of interacting with Senior Leadership
- Strong focus on accuracy and attention the detail
- Prior team management experience
Qualifications & Experience
- Facilitation skills
- Track record of supporting effective incentive / engagement activities
- An education to degree standard or a demonstration of ability to the same level delivered in a working environment.
| || Full-Time |
| || Permanent |
| || South East |
| ||Croydon (Interchange) |
| || From £35,379 |
| ||Business Analysis |
| || 31-Mar-2017|