| || Payroll Specialist |
| || EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy, Belgium and Poland. We are the UK’s leading generator and supplier of low carbon energy, producing around one-fifth of the nation’s electricity and employing more than 13,500 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We intend to play a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK and secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees. |
| || EDF Energy is a complex, fast-moving, industry-leading organisation and a very diverse business. You’ll find all the HR challenges here that come with contact centres, senior, strategic business roles, shift-working, field services and remote workforces. Whichever area you work within, you will be focusing on safe, efficient, compliant and cost effective solutions – options that deliver the maximum benefit to the business. Your career could take you to any one of three core HR areas. Employee services covers day-to-day operational HR management, recruitment and disciplinary. Business Partnering involves supporting businesses closely, providing targeted strategic HR support. Centre of Excellence, brings a people perspective to our organisational structure – it’s a focal point for top level talent, L&D, leadership and strategic recruitment thinking. |
| || |
Responsible for the delivery of the Payroll services and processes. This role is accountable for high quality and compliant payroll service which involves working and acting as a reference point for teams within employee services. The role is also responsible for implementing new processes and to develop and ensure the payroll is audit compliant and to ensure that there are robust checks and controls in place to safe guard the payrolls. To be accountable and responsible for projects and complete a range of initiatives and special projects designed to develop the payroll and the business areas within EDF Energy to provide resource and SAP knowledge to implement and process the system improvement and statutory changes. To be aware of legislation changes that affects the payroll now and in the future and understands the implication of the changes. Minimise the potential risk for HMRC penalties - understand HMRC penalties and associated fines
| || Operating Environment|
- Accountable for 9 monthly payrolls and 1 pension payroll to ensure run on time and accurately
- Accountable for 14000 employees on payroll paying gross salaries up to £900m per annum
- Accountable for transmitting a monthly BACS file for 14000 employees to a value of £40m per month
- Third Party payments 30 + Organisations paying across £52k per month
- Reconciling the HMRC payments monthly and responsible for reconciling and paying to HMRC in excess of
- £ 420m per annum –failure to comply will incur penalties by HMRC and could instigate a full HMRC audit to confirm that the EDFE payroll is HMRC compliant.
- Managing in excess of 4,000 data changes per month
Framework & Boundaries
The Payroll Specialist will be a key member of the Employee Services function and must have a proven record of integrity maintain good working relationships – internally with the wider Employee Services team, local HR, Audit, finance, legal, tax manager, Business managers and employees. External with HMRC, governmental and non Governmental organisations.
The role also exists to address Business Issues across EDFE, utilising harmonised approaches and championing the development of appropriate systems where ever possible.
| || |
- To pay all EDFE employees on time and accurately
- Responsible for supporting and training the Payroll Administrators – getting the payroll right 1st time
- Responsible for paying the expatriate staff and arranging for all or part of the salary paid in the UK to be paid into their home salary account and paid in Euros
- Production of P60 & P11D’s and all other HMRC required submissions relating to payroll by managing the statutory year end reporting e-filing. Control and completing of statutory returns and authorise returns to government and non government bodies in line with statutory timescales. Responsible for the correct employees and employers pension deduction through the payroll in line with the Trustees requirements and Mercer requests – Incorrect payments will impact and instigate an investigation by the Pensions trustees.
- Responsible for Pensions Auto enrolment
- Reconciling the AVC contributions deducted from Employees in excess of 500k+ monthly – Failure to comply would impact the employees’ pension calculation– Incorrect or non-payment will instigate an investigation by the Pensions trustees.
- Customer service provides expert payroll advice either personally or to the wider group.
- Responsible for the EDF Energy SLT and Expats to ensure that the data is input on time and accurately in line with Audit requirement, responsible for sensitive information where discretion and confidentiality to the data and information is essential.
- Compliance ensures all processes are documented incorporating best practice that supports the company policies and procedures. Ensure that EDF Energy meet all relevant legislative requirements and has strong controls and checks in place
- Establish and maintain complaint handling protocols to address issues as well as to identify areas of improvement
| || Essential|
- The role holder will need to demonstrate a comprehensive and authoritative knowledge of the payroll issues, techniques and practices with a strong statutory and legislative knowledge of payroll activities and requirements.
- Experience of high volume, complex payroll
- Strong communication skills ability to communicate effectively and persuasively both verbally and in writing with employees, team members and senior managers/ managers to ensure that service expectations are met
- Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge
- Strong relationship management and influencing skills with the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy with Integrity
- Analytical approach with ability to identify issues and affecting the performance of the team and to deliver improvements in processes
- Ability to plan both own work load and the work load of the payroll administrators giving direction and guidance to ensure deadlines/ objectives are fully met
- Specialist knowledge of the SAP Payroll systems, SAP transactional procedures and best practice
- Demonstrates a mindset for continuous improvement
- Strong Commercial awareness
- CIPP qualification or equivalent
This role requires a combination of leadership skills, customer service orientation, relationship management ability,
Knowledge and understanding of payroll processes, SAP transactions and a strong delivery focus.
| || Full-Time |
| || Permanent |
| || South East |
| || Crawley |
| || From £27913 |
| || Human Resources |
| || 26-Mar-2017|