| || Product Manager – Smart Energy & Connected Home |
| || EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy, Belgium and Poland. We are the UK’s leading generator and supplier of low carbon energy, producing around one-fifth of the nation’s electricity and employing more than 13,500 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We intend to play a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK and secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees. |
| || At EDF Energy, we’re committed to helping our customers in any way we can. We are responsible for maximising the long term value of our residential and business customers; we create an integrated approach to energy sourcing, pricing strategy, and deliver to the needs of our customers. We sell electricity and gas to over 5.5 million residential and business customers, making us the largest supplier of electricity by volume. We also run customer facing activities including field sales and meter reading services. We’re committed to ‘getting it right first time’, making sure that service is continually improved & our approach to Customers is driven by our sustainability agenda, which means we behave as a socially and environmentally responsible company. We are the largest business unit within EDF Energy with over 8,000 employees spread across 50 locations. Working in a competitive marketplace means we need high performing people who have the skills, experience, systems knowledge and leadership abilities to provide support and guidance in line with our ‘right first time’ policy. |
| || The Product Manager – Smart Metering & Connected Home will lead the processes of bringing new energy and non-energy propositions to market and developing existing propositions within the residential market, in order to maximise both short and long term margin generation. The role holder will provide leadership in terms of structuring the portfolio of smart meter related and Connected Home offers, specifiying product components e.g. tariff, hardware, data, and sales experience. There is particular focus on propositions incorporating data from smart meters and smart home devices.|
Recognising the evolution of the operating model and agile nature of the organisation the content and nature of this role may change over time. EDF Energy is an inclusive employer, and although these roles are advertised on a full time basis as standard, flexible working arrangements will be reviewed and considered in line with our flexible working policy.
| || The Customers business operates within a fast paced, continuously evolving environment giving rise to key challenges including responding to regulatory and market reforms through innovative products, services or processes, creating value in tight margin highly competitive market places, and building trust with customers. Employee mix includes directly sourced contact centre staff and increasingly outsourced capability both on and off shore.|
The job holder is fully empowered to make commercial decisions, in accordance with the Customers financial authority limits and any delegated authorities. They will be expected to engage with senior stakeholders, escalating where necessary and presenting clear and concise information.
The role holder will need to work with other teams across EDF Energy and external suppliers to ensure we have the appropriate propositions, experience and systems capability to maximise our opportunities in the smart energy and Connected Home markets.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, the role holder will need to contribute across other areas of the wider Customers business and play a full role in the matrix structure. Similarly, the holder will need to ensure he or she takes full advantage of the skills and experience in other areas that influence the propositions and sales experience.
| || Accountable for the delivery of customer propositions and a sales experience that differentiates EDF Energy and ensures it meets the Residential volume and gross margin targets for tariffs and non-energy products|
· Lead the plan to deliver new propositions and changes to sales experience with particular focus in the smart energy & Connected Home portfolio that differentiate EDF Energy and deliver volume and margin targets
· Design and deliver iterations of existing energy & non-energy propositions that add value to EDF Energy and ensure EDF Energy’s product suite is leading edge
· Bring to market new propositions following successful trials in our innovation team
· Manage the portfolio of offers to ensure new and old offers are introduced and removed early enough to ensure the product suite is leading edge and achieves year-on year margin increases
· Ensure the customer sales experience, across all internal and external touch points, provides the right balance to deliver both short and medium term volume and margin targets
· Ensure all legal and compliance requirements are met
| || Essential|
· Experience of designing, bringing to market and managing a portfolio of profit enhancing propositions
· Experience in data focused industries, designing and delivering customer focused propositions that encompass hardware and data
· Proven track record of identifying and achieving sustainable long term deliverables whilst maintaining short-term performance
· Experience of designing and continuously improving customer sales experience journeys
· Experience of leading virtual teams to effectively deliver project objectives
· An education to degree standard or a demonstration of ability to the same level delivered in a working environment
· An understanding of consumer psychology and use of behavioural economics
· Strong understanding of the energy industry and retail markets
· LEAN/Six Sigma/PRINCE 2 accredited
| || Full-Time |
| || Permanent |
| || South East |
| || Hove |
| || Salary from £35,379 |
| || Marketing |
| || 04-Apr-2017|