| || Technical Operations Manager - Electrical |
| || EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy, Belgium and Poland. We are the UK’s leading generator and supplier of low carbon energy, producing around one-fifth of the nation’s electricity and employing more than 13,500 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We intend to play a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK and secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees. |
| || At EDF Energy, we’re committed to helping our customers in any way we can. We are responsible for maximising the long term value of our residential and business customers; we create an integrated approach to energy sourcing, pricing strategy, and deliver to the needs of our customers. We sell electricity and gas to over 5.5 million residential and business customers, making us the largest supplier of electricity by volume. We also run customer facing activities including field sales and meter reading services. We’re committed to ‘getting it right first time’, making sure that service is continually improved & our approach to Customers is driven by our sustainability agenda, which means we behave as a socially and environmentally responsible company. We are the largest business unit within EDF Energy with over 8,000 employees spread across 50 locations. Working in a competitive marketplace means we need high performing people who have the skills, experience, systems knowledge and leadership abilities to provide support and guidance in line with our ‘right first time’ policy. |
| || This is a subject matter expert for all aspects of Electrical operations within Customer Operations, both In-Area and Out-of-Area. The purpose of this role is to be the technical electrical engineering and operational lead for all of EDF Energy’s policies, procedures, processes and assurance activities for electrical metering work. |
| || This role is about the development and management of electrical standards within the metering business of EDF Energy. It is a particularly key role as the volume of electrical will increase significantly due to the Smart metering Deployment.|
The role holder will need to proactively promote a consistent and systematic approach to electrical activity including health and safety, environment and quality issues throughout the growing field business including existing and all new electricity trained operatives. The role holder will have to ensure that Smart Metering is compliant with all relevant regulatory, legislative and aspirational requirements.
| || |
- To establish and lead the electrical aspects of the technical and quality assurance function for all in-area and out of area metering activity and ensure that it operates effectively and adhere to corporate and external standards including SMICOP and relevant Licence conditions.
- To set policies, procedures and processes for electrical standards in respect of compliance and quality for all electrical metering activity within EDF Energy both with the in-house workforce and with third parties.
- To provide appropriate leadership and focus on Safety and Health across Smart Metering and support the provision of processes and plans to guarantee an incident free performance within the Technical Assurance Team.
- To collaborate with colleagues across Smart Metering as necessary in order to achieve specific accountabilities and ensure the alignment of targets, plans and processes including sharing learning and best practice.
- To develop, coach and support individuals across the business in respect of electrical standards and competency both to maximise their performance and contributions and to meet the future needs of the business in terms of skills, experience and expertise.
- To be the subject matter expert for all electrical activities within the metering arena and provide proactive advice and support to colleagues at all levels.
- To be the lead investigator on electrical related incidents and maintain the electrical competency regime.
| || |
- Educated to degree standard in an electrical engineering or with similar experience and of IEng status (MIET Incorporate Engineer preferred).
- Experience of providing technical leadership in the area of electrical operations together with all the associated issues [e.g. Safety and Health, regulatory compliance, etc].
- Some experience of managing technical suppliers and showing commercial acumen.
- Experience of working as part of a team of technical experts.
- A successful track record of delivering change initiatives and efficiency and effectiveness improvements across end to end processes.
- Experience of working effectively in a matrix organisation is desirable.
Technical and Commercial Knowledge and Skills
- Strong operational management skills.
- The ability to develop detailed robust plans to implement strategic imperatives.
- Good technical knowledge around electrical metering services and all relevant issues such as safety and health, regulation, continuity planning, etc.
- Ability to prioritise conflicting priorities and to work under pressure.
- Able to work effectively across business units with effective influencing skills and excellent negotiating skills.
- Able to identify and deliver efficiency improvements.
- Able to challenge established approaches and embed change.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to articulate and justify a position effectively.
| || Full-Time |
| || Permanent |
| || South East |
| || Bexleyheath |
| || Salary Starting from £35,379 per annum |
| || Customer Field Services |
| || 06-Apr-2017|