| || Field Coach - Gas (SW) |
| || EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy, Belgium and Poland. We are the UK’s leading generator and supplier of low carbon energy, producing around one-fifth of the nation’s electricity and employing more than 15,000 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We intend to play a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK and secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees. |
| || At EDF Energy, we’re committed to helping our customers in any way we can. We are responsible for maximising the long term value of our residential and business customers; we create an integrated approach to energy sourcing, pricing strategy, and deliver to the needs of our customers. We sell electricity and gas to over 5.5 million residential and business customers, making us the largest supplier of electricity by volume. We also run customer facing activities including field sales and meter reading services. We’re committed to ‘getting it right first time’, making sure that service is continually improved & our approach to Customers is driven by our sustainability agenda, which means we behave as a socially and environmentally responsible company. We are the largest business unit within EDF Energy with over 8,000 employees spread across 50 locations. Working in a competitive marketplace means we need high performing people who have the skills, experience, systems knowledge and leadership abilities to provide support and guidance in line with our ‘right first time’ policy. |
| || This role is responsible for conducting field based coaching as part of the training journey for Smart Metering Installation Operatives and associated apprentices. |
| || The Customer Operations Smart metering Installation Field Force is set to expand rapidly in order to reach the government’s 2020 smart meter installation quota. A major part of the Smart Metering Deployment activity involves significantly ramping up the internal workforce|
| || |
- To embed the culture of Health, Safety and Wellbeing across the Smart Installation activity as part of the role.
- To impart gas metering technical knowledge to newly appointed operatives as part of the field mentoring activity.
- To accompany trainee field operatives on a one to one basis ensuring that they are completing their work to the required standard.
- The incumbent will be expected to be mobile as part of this role and travel accordingly to support the business’ mentoring needs.
- To ensure that a newly trained operative completes their portfolio to the required standard and variety of job installations are logged effectively in accordance with the training requirements. It will be the responsibility of the mentor to ensure the mentee fully understands the requirements of the portfolio.
- To feedback to the People Readiness team the status of each operatives Portfolio and to be measured on the success of the portfolio completion.
- To be fully competent in MET1, CMA1 and/or CCN1 for Gas and to be able to install gas meters to the required standards set down by MOCOPA/MAMCOP.
- This role will require the incumbent to still be able to install meters as part of the mentoring role so he/she can intervene when needed.
- To meet with the Smart Metering Installation Training Team on a regular basis and provide feedback from the field as a source of Continuous Improvement.
| || |
- MET1, CMA1 and or CCN1 as a minimum Gas Requirement
- Gas Safe Registered
- It would be advantageous if candidates held CKR1 Cookers, HTR1 Gas Fires and CENWAT central heating qualifications.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in installing both Gas Meters on a regular basis.
- A broad understanding of the DCC and Smart Metering assets would be desirable.
- Experience of working effectively as part of a team.
Commercial Knowledge and Skills
- Good understanding of IT systems (Microsoft Office, Click Mobile etc).
- A good understanding of the Energy Sector
- Ability to prioritise conflicting priorities and to work under pressure.
- Able to identify and deliver efficiency improvements.
- Able to challenge established approaches and embed change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
| || Full-Time |
| || Fixed Term |
| || South West |
| || Exeter |
| || Circa £31k |
| || Customer Field Services |
| || 30-Mar-2017|