| || Platform as a Service (PaaS) Product and Platform Owner |
| || EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy, Belgium and Poland. We are the UK’s leading generator and supplier of low carbon energy, producing around one-fifth of the nation’s electricity and employing more than 15,000 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We intend to play a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK and secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees. |
| || As one of the UK’s largest energy companies, there’s a huge amount of opportunity available for finance professionals here. Our Finance Division comprises various business units, including, Customers, Generation, Nuclear New Build and Corporate Finance. Each of these has its own challenges and rewards – and each will help you to build a well-rounded skill set. At EDF Energy our finance professionals are seen as part of the wider business team. And wherever you go, you’ll learn how energy markets work, the challenges we face as an industry and the actions we need to take to overcome them. |
| || The Platform as a Service (PaaS) Product and Platform Owner is accountable to the Digital Platforms and Integration Manager to own the defined Application Platforms (including SPIRE, MyCampus, Drupal) and lead, through internal and external resources, the delivery of Platform as a Service (PaaS) to EDF Energy.|
The post holder will be accountable for defining, managing, securing funding, governing and delivering the roadmap for the defined Application Platforms and responsible for Platform as a Service (PaaS) and service delivery. Through relationships with outsourced service providers, as well as internal management and assurance teams, the post-holder is responsible for ensuring they deliver efficient and effective services in accordance with EDF Energy standards and is responsible for ensuring adequate technical controls are in place, IT service levels are met (as a minimum) within budget, and that there is a demonstrable year on year improvement in KPIs, and a continuous improvement in commercial arrangements.
The post holder will contribute to the Enterprise IT ‘Cloud First’ strategy and will be required to lead, transform and continuously improve the provision of Platform as a Service (PaaS).
Location flexible. Ideally co-located with the Digital Platforms and Integration Team.
| || Operating Environment|
The Enterprise IT operating environment is complex, meaning that our stakeholders’ needs are constantly shifting and evolving, in several dimensions:
In order to meet the challenges presented by a complex environment, the Enterprise IT team needs to work with the right culture and in an effective way. This means we are:
- Supporting a rapidly evolving energy supply market, both in industry and in the home;
- Supporting the need to move beyond supply, to provide innovative energy services and products;
- Supporting our existing generation assets through to end of life and beyond;
- Supporting our new build programme;
- Meeting our cost targets set by the Executive; and
- Digitalising the workplace to support ever more efficient ways of working.
1.Customer Centric – so that we structure ourselves and our work around the needs of our customers
2.Empowered – so that we give our people the ability to solve problems with our customers
3.Agile – so that we continually adapt to the changing needs of our customers
4.Value Focused – so that we always focus on the most valuable things for our customers
5.Accountable – so that it’s clear who is accountable for what and that accountability is visibly discharged
6.Employee Friendly - so that we don’t lose what makes this a great place to work and develop
Within this context, the post holder supports the Digital Platforms and Integration Manager to deliver the Enterprise IT strategy by providing Product Ownership of the defined Application Platforms and provisioning, orchestrating and optimising off premise Platform as a Service (PaaS) moving from on premise fixed cost based Enterprise Class IT Integration to off premise commodity services, and ultimately ensuring Enterprise IT delivers the IT services required by the Customers Business Unit to run their operation successfully.
Framework & Boundaries
The post holder is required to work within the following frameworks:
Employees and contractors
- IT technical, security and support frameworks;
- Capex, project management and investment frameworks (EEPW, PD, Agile PD); and
- Enterprise IT governance frameworks.
- No direct reports, but matrix management of project resources and Managed Service Provider(s)
Platforms and products
- Application Platforms (inc.SPIRE, MyCampus, Drupal)
- Third Party Suppliers contracted to support and maintain the above platforms and products.
| || Transformational Accountabilities|
1.Driving the digital transformation of Enterprise IT Services to provide Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings that are flexible, agile and optimised;
2.Contributing to Enterprise IT’s role in the delivery of future IT services.
1.Ownership of the Spire, MyCampus and Drupal Platforms (including governance, roadmap, budget, support and maintenance);
2.Ownership of third party suppliers in the delivery of Platform as a Service (PaaS). On behalf of the company, the role takes a holistic view to ensure best value from third parties in solution delivery;
3.Scoping and delivering Platform as a Service (PaaS) and any service renewals in order to support the business in achieving their strategic direction;
4.Building and managing the portfolio/pipeline of Platform as a Service (PaaS), including the analysis, interpretation and presentation of portfolio/pipeline information at a business, corporate and enterprise level as required;
5.Maintaining knowledge and understanding of new technologies, their suitability and constraints for EDF Energy and the latest Digital opportunities;
6.Owning the processes, procedures and controls for delivering a well governed highly effective Platform as a Service (PaaS) offering across Cloud, ensuring adherence to Security and ITIL best practice and continued relevance to support a rapidly changing IT landscape;
7.Engaging Service Providers, through regular reporting, trending, analysis and addressing performance;
8.Researching, initiating and managing continuous improvement initiatives and challenge the day-to-day activities and processes to optimise value;
9.Managing and co-ordinating team of indirect reports and third parties to provide subject matter expertise, assure quality and optimise value;
10.Aligning with business stakeholders for engagement and project delivery to ensure Platform as a Service (PaaS) provisioning is aligned with key business priorities, timescales, budget and risk;
11.Leading day to day Platform as a Service (PaaS) related engagement and interactions with key stakeholders
12.Building and managing relationships with Service Providers to ensure support and buy-in for the Enterprise IT ‘Cloud First’ strategy.
- Managing third parties and Service Providers in support of Platform as a Service (PaaS);
- Resolving major service issues with third parties;
- Contributing to third party service performance reviews and ensuring that supplier issues are addressed formally, and where appropriate, contractually managed;
- Contributing to Cost Transparency by ensuring adequate technical constructs are in place to provide transparent billing.
- Agile – is flexible, can adapt to changing customer needs and iterates quickly to continually deliver value
- Lean – delivers only what our customers need and continually seeks to remove waste from what we do
- Passionate – focused on the customer and what they need, and always strives to go the extra mile
- Team Player – wins when Enterprise IT wins, and works with the whole team to meet our objectives
- Solutions Focused – never creates barriers to meeting the needs of our customers, always seeking to find a solution
- Accountable – steps up to the plate and takes ownership for delivering their objectives and tasks, never shying away when there are problems but works to resolve them
- Collaborative – takes full advantage of our diversity and inclusiveness to work with whomever is needed to deliver results
- Commercial – understands how Enterprise IT delivers values and always seeks to exploit that for the mutual benefit of our customers and our team
- Learner – always seeks to improve their skills and knowledge, can adapt to new technologies as they appear and can demonstrate ever increasing understanding of our customers’ businesses
| || Behavioural Competencies|
The post holder must have an up to date 4’i’s self assessment on MyCampus at First Line Leader and, where appropriate, a development plan to fill in any gaps.
Knowledge & Skills
- Thorough understanding of the energy supply and energy services industry in the UK and the related regulatory frameworks and requirements;
· Excellent communicator, able to influence diverse audiences and build strong, lasting relationships with key senor stakeholders – engaging, managing and influencing where required to achieve results and managing these relationships to maintain a high level of trust;;
- Demonstrable understanding of the Cloud marketplace, current innovation and developing IT technologies, ensuring maximum knowledge sharing across the company to facilitate business performance;
- Knowledge of the operational, financial, commercial and technical aspects of Public Cloud and delivery of IT services in an integrated manner;
- Best practice planning and reporting techniques.
- An understanding of the over-arching business strategy and operational objectives;
- Ability to understand the technical, contractual and financial facets of IT services and should have prior experience in at least one of the technical areas (e.g. Public Cloud, Digital Platforms, Application and Data Integration and / or delivery of IT service within a service integrator operating model);
- Ability to articulate commercially focused outcome based results;
- Ability to direct and influence managers and teams outside their direct line of command that all work in a fast changing, demanding, environment where deadlines must be met;
- Ability to develop and maintain an active network of stakeholders of all levels across a wide range of contexts including internal business units, supply chain, 3rd parties and IT consultancy services.
- Excellent people management skills, relationship building, influencing work style developed through management of a diverse corporate functions workforce;
- Collaborative leadership and working – internal, external and with 3rd parties;
- Strong people management skills;
- Proven delivery in improving efficiency and quality of performance;
- Constructively challenges the status quo;
- Identifies and manages risks;
- Able to establish immediate impact and credibility;
- Demonstrable record of contributing effectively to the business targets;
- Resilient under pressure;
- Engenders trust;
- Lives the company values;
- Strong delivery focus balanced by a consultative style of approach;
- Ability to demonstrate strong understanding of, and competency in, EDF Energy’s approach to “Zero Harm” and the embedding of such culture within Service Provider(s);
- Demonstrates sound judgement and business awareness;
- High energy, ethics and personal drive;
- Calm, collected, composed through difficult situations and environments; and
- Tenacity and flexibility to meet business needs.
Qualifications & Experience
- A degree in a relevant discipline, or equivalent experience;
- A track record of financial/cost/supplier management;
- An ITIL/IT Service Management qualification;
- Qualified to the appropriate level in an Information Systems Examinations Board (ISEB) qualification.
- Strong demonstrable background in leading teams both with direct line management and virtual team management;
- Experienced at managing large service portfolios, programmes and projects, including across multiple technology towers, multifunctional teams and outsourced partners;
- Experience in the commercial, performance and quality management of a Service Provider(s);
- Leadership experience in a large corporate environment, who has managed a team, both with direct line management and virtual team management;
- Experienced at vendor, outsource service provider management and contract negotiations;
- Experience of partnership working, supplier selection and influencing industry bodies;
| || Full-Time |
| || Permanent |
| || Flexible |
| || Flexible |
| || Starting from £44,010 |
| || Information Technology |
| || 04-May-2017|