| || About Boots|
We are the UK’s leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK, our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they thought possible. For over 165 years, we have used our expertise to help improve the health and wellbeing of local communities. Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance
What’s in it for you?
Opportunity: You will not only have the chance to develop and challenge your pharmacist skills through excellent care and service to our customers and patients, but also embark on a great opportunity manage and grow your own Boots store.
Career Progression: You will be able to develop your career with a wide variety of opportunities. From continuing your professional development in clinical services, to becoming one of over 2,200 Macmillan Information Pharmacists, or progressing into a Retail management role, whether that’s in a local community or busy high street store, we’ll give you all the training and support you need from our award winning L&D team.
Reward: You will receive a competitive company pension scheme, excellent staff discount, discretionary bonus and 25 days holiday along with having access to additional flexible benefits that allows you to create a package that suits your individual needs.
You will be given the opportunity to lead and inspire growth by delivering the company strategy for your store. With a customer/patient led approach, you will role model exceptional leadership to ensure customers and patients remain at the heart of everything we do. You will continually deliver in the moment, but have an eye on future best practice, and become famous for motivating those around you.
Key responsibilities include:
• Lead, inspire and challenge your store team to deliver business growth by providing exceptional care to our customers and patients and continually look to improve our service and standards
• Lead your Pharmacy to ensure compliance to the Boots clinical governance by promoting the highest possible standards
• Ensure teams are set up to deliver on sales and service targets, always keeping a firm eye on costs and profitability, and ensuing continuous improvement where possible
• Create and maintain a brilliant culture where we proactively deliver life-long pharmacy customers
• Deliver and role model the pharmacy strategy through care conversations with customers and patients providing expert advice throughout
• Accountability for professional pharmacy legal & ethical decisions in the pharmacy
• Actively supporting the development, education & training of colleagues; building pharmacy capability of store teams
• Create a robust succession plan by developing talent for your store and key roles within the region
• Conducting regular reviews, audits and risk assessments to protect patient and public safety
• To own and improve loss performance including payment loss, retail waste, and retail stock loss
Our ideal candidate
To be successful in this role you will have a professional, caring character and true desire to help others feel good. In addition you will:
• Be registered with relevant pharmacy Regulator (GPhC, PSNI, PSI)
• Be able to demonstrate an excellent ability to coach, lead and inspire teams
• Have first class communication skills, and act as a recognised brand ambassador to Boots throughout your store and region
• Have an excellent track record of understanding a company strategy, with the ability to implement in a given store to drive strong performance results
• Demonstrate strong knowledge of pharmacy operations and provisions of national and local services
• Be commercially astute, understanding the growth and development of the healthcare industry
• Inspire excellent conversations where you will hold brilliant face to face interactions with all types of customers and patients
• Thrive in a team centred approach with strong collaborative working
• Have a passion for keeping up to date with your own learning and development, completing all Pharmacist mandatory and directed training
• Be digitally savvy and comfortable with navigating and embracing new technology