Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) is the world’s largest health and beauty retailer. This role leads the Programme Management team in our International Retail division which focuses on developing our retail presence around the world.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team and work with our partners in markets around the globe. You will lead a small team of Programme Managers in the central team to deliver transformational change programmes across International Retail. This team works across all functions and markets, playing a big part in helping to shape the future of the organisation. The team are very passionate about what they do, working collaboratively to share best practice and really add value delivering successful change in the business.
The role is based in our Nottingham support office; regular travel to London is required and some international travel may be required.
What you will be doing:
- Lead a portfolio of complex programmes, driving consistent high quality standards of Programme Management across markets and “deep dive” programmes at risk to put back on track
- Development of Programme Management best practice across both the centre and markets
- Lead a team of programme managers and develop broader programme management capability utilising a cross-divisional WBA network
- Support the Executive team business governance and facilitate key meetings
- Establish and manage clear business governance and planning processes
What we want from you:
- Recognised as competent in leading transformational programmes and portfolios of programmes, with significant hands on experience
- Strong leadership skills and capability to deal with engagement at Exec Level and across WBA divisions
- Highly competent in impact, influencing and relationship building skills, managing multiple senior stakeholders across international markets and time zones
- A confident, good and consistent communicator who can clearly set expectations at all levels of the organisation
- Qualified MSP Practitioner would be advantageous, or we will support the right candidate to achieve this.
- Highly independent with the ability to work with ambiguity
- Ability to coach and develop colleagues in all aspects of Programme Management
- Passionate and creative approach to business organisation and planning
What you’ll get from us:
- It’s a hugely rewarding role with good exposure to a wide range of senior stakeholders and business functions. With great opportunities to work for a major international retailer to support their strategic growth agenda, this is a role in which a talented candidate could thrive.
- Opportunity to work with a wide range of international colleagues.
- The responsibility of being at the forefront of transformational change in International Retail
- Regular exposure to senior leaders
- A strong focus on development and opportunities for personal growth
- A hard working, ambitious team that has lots of fun along the way
- A competitive benefits package