| || The importance of your role. |
Fantastic customer care is at the heart of everything we do, and as a Trainee Pharmacy Advisor you’ll be part of helping patients feel good. It’s everything from the clear advice and care you offer them, to the wide ranges of dispensing services we provide.
Within Boots we have Trainee Pharmacy Advisors and this is sometimes known as a Trainee Dispenser. To provide fantastic patient care as a Trainee Pharmacy Advisor you will work across the healthcare counter and the dispensary to where the patients need you most.
This is a great opportunity to develop your pharmacy career and make a difference to the lives of our patients.
How will you do it?
With different types of pharmacies all over the UK, we’re giving patients the very best care and attention with the services we offer. You will be learning how to provide healthy lifestyle advice and health services to our patients through great conversations as well as delivering the technical aspects of supplying medicines.
This is often a fast paced environment, and you will interact with many different people, and will be a core member of the pharmacy and healthcare team.
What you’ll be doing day to day
It’s all about providing health advice through focussed conversations with our patients, whilst giving clear and accurate answers.
Your duties will include:
- Learning how to tailor conversations with every customer to ensure they leave your pharmacy feeling informed and confident about their healthcare needs
- Working towards delivering the technical aspects of the dispensary whilst ensuring the safe supply of medicines e.g. ordering medicines, labelling, dispensing, endorsing and collection of prescriptions.
- Complying with legal and professional requirements and accepted guidance on professional practice in Boots.
- Seeking opportunities to engage with GPs and practice teams to drive services and items.
- Working towards delivering efficient dispensary operations and ensuring dispensing losses are minimised.
What you’ll need to have.
We’re offering you an exciting career opportunity and a chance to continue your professional journey. You will need to be prepared to work towards an NVQ Level 2 equivalent in Pharmacy Services to join us.
But it isn’t just about experience or knowledge, we’re looking for people with a genuine passion for customer care, and who will be ambassadors for healthcare in our stores. You will have the ability to build strong relationships with patients and your team, and will be able to understand individual patient needs and tailor your support and advice appropriately. You will have the ability to advise patients with confidence and accuracy whilst remaining customer focussed.
If you are interested in further developing your professional career, we can support you towards achieving both competency and knowledge based NVQ Level 3 (QCF) Pharmacy Services qualification to become eligible to register with the GPhc as a Pharmacy Technician. This could then lead to an Accuracy Checking Pharmacy Technician (ACPT) role. As you continue to develop your healthcare knowledge through these qualifications and roles, your pay and benefits will reflect this.
Excitingly, this is just one of several routes your career could take you within Boots!