| || |Global Brands is a cross divisional organization of Walgreens Boots Alliance that aims to give WBA retail businesses as well as global partners a sustainable competitive advantage by combining great brands and innovative products with unparalleled commercial expertise and consumer insight.
Global Brands is comprised of three pillars – Global Insights & Best Practice, Global Consumer Brands and Global Sourcing and Manufacturing - that work in close partnership together to ensure a collaborative, successful and truly global platform to give the businesses clear competitive advantages. Products in the Global Brands portfolio include Soltan, No 7, Well at Walgreens, Soap & Glory, Liz Earle and Boots Pharmaceuticals. Overview of the role A Data Architect role working on a mix of greenfield and legacy upgrades collaboratively with the Business and IT/Analytics/Data Science teams to define and build the data solutions within an agile framework; helping to shape the organisations efforts in how we use technology to exploit our data, joining to external data to add real value. The individual will be working within a multi-disciplinary team of enterprise & solution architects, business analysts, data engineers and project managers and taking accountability and leadership on data design and best practices, taking ownership of existing data models and creating new models working on greenfield projects supporting operational data, campaigns, business intelligence, analytics and data science across retail and manufacturing. Your Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Reviews, evaluates, and designs data services, physical and logical data models and implements high quality data architecture.
- Identifies key data sources from systems to meet project requirements; constructs data quality control solutions; provides data flow diagrams; implement conformant data warehouse designs to support high-quality reporting, analytics, data science and BI.
- Working with the solution architects and data engineers to:
- Use ETL tools to manipulate data feeds to build data loading systems and production data pipelines.
- Develop solution ideas involving analytics and help to generate fit-for-purpose analytics tools and infrastructure to be used by end users.
- Contribute to the IT strategy for data and analytics.
- Contributing in the drive to wider adoption of Big Data & Analytics, responsible for choosing the right tools/technologies/languages.
- Give input to best practices and offer technical leadership of the overall data and software development function.
- An excellent understanding of Management Information/Business Intelligence/Analytics
- Previous experience of Data focused Architect/Design role such as Data Architect, Business Intelligence Architect.
- Experience in the design and development of Data Warehouse, BI, Analytics or similar data solutions.
- Strong conceptual, logical and physical data modelling, data lineage/data flow mapping and data quality.
- Familiar with ETL pipelines and data loading systems.
- Experienced working with horizontal teams e.g. Infrastructure, integration etc.
- Strong communication skills, working on global/international projects within multi-disciplinary teams with colleagues in both technical and business facing roles.
- Experienced in collaborative working
- Demonstrable experience working with challenging and demanding stakeholders
- Experience of working on Agile projects and confidence to evangelise Agile methodologies with sympathy to waterfall advocates.
- Interests in Hadoop, Spark, Hbase and an appetite to explore technologies.
- Experience of at least one RDBMS e.g. Oracle, SQL Server etc.
- Experience of at least one ETL tool e.g. Talend, SSIS, ODI
- Experience in at least one NoSQL database is advantageous e.g. Hbase, Cassandra, Mongo
- Good SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL knowledge